Disputes

Nateparrish
Contributor
Contributor

I was told this by the seller in regards to making a dispute claim through PayPal. I f you initiate a dispute at Paypal, it will also bring you many inconveniences. 1. Every time you initiate a dispute will affect the credit rating of your Paypal account, it will not be conducive to your subsequent shopping activities. 2. Controversial behavior on Paypal is a very long activity, it takes three or four months to deal with the problem. 3. Even if you finally win the dispute, you need to send the product back to us before you can get a refund. According to Paypal's refund policy, the postage needs to be paid by the buyer, so you need to pay a postage of about 25$. We feel that you do not have to bear these unnecessary losses, and accepting our refund is the best option. Are they correct in that it’s going to have a negative impact on my account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MissJan
Contributor
Contributor

This information they are giving you is untrue and misleading. They are just trying to discourage you from making a claim. I have made a number of claims over a period of time. It does not affect any rating as a purchaser. It does not take months to settle a dispute, usually days or perhaps weeks depending on the circumstances. If you do have to return an item Paypal will refund you the return postage. There is a process to follow but it is not difficult. You simply have to take a photo of the parcel you are returning which shows the postage and address and upload it to Paypal. You will find a tab for this on your activity page when you the purchase details.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

MissJan
Contributor
Contributor

This information they are giving you is untrue and misleading. They are just trying to discourage you from making a claim. I have made a number of claims over a period of time. It does not affect any rating as a purchaser. It does not take months to settle a dispute, usually days or perhaps weeks depending on the circumstances. If you do have to return an item Paypal will refund you the return postage. There is a process to follow but it is not difficult. You simply have to take a photo of the parcel you are returning which shows the postage and address and upload it to Paypal. You will find a tab for this on your activity page when you the purchase details.

Login to Me Too

Nateparrish
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your help
Login to Me Too

WillieNilly
Contributor
Contributor

My dispute has been on-going since june 19th..so yes it does take months...

After the seller finally agreed to a refund, I have to ship the item back at MY expense. 

This dispute site wont let me make a comment on this case, only enter a tracking number
 This response from this seller is completely unacceptable. I should not have to pay for shipping this large swimming pool back. It is a large heavy box.  It is nearly the entire amount of the refund; $247.80 to ship. The Refund would be $279!. So I'm left with $31.20? And no product? 

I should not have to pay for this company's mistake. THEY need to pay for the shipping and send me a return label. 

How is it that you came across a process for getting re-reimbursed for shipping? I've been trying for HOURS now to try to get ANY Info to ANYBODY at paypal and their system leads me back in circles and am not able to contact anyone or add this info to the case.

Login to Me Too

MissJan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi WillieNilly

Paypal will refund the postage to you. Go to the Activity Page on your account and select the item in dispute. When it opens you should see a heading on the left hand side toward the bottom that says Request a Shipping Refund. Select that and it will give instructions on what to do. Basically, you have to package the item, pay for postage, take a photo of the package showing the address it is going to and the postage price. Upload those photos and Paypal will refund in a few days. Sometimes it is hard to speak to someone at Paypal or send a message. I have worked it out finally. You need to go to the Message Centre, the easiest way to do this is put it in the help / search function. Put your Case ID in and ask your question. Initially it is a computerised reply and can be frustrating, but keep trying, ask to speak to an agent. You should get an email back from them in a day or so. Good luck. It worked for me.

Login to Me Too

Dan79uk
New Community Member
Exactly I had dispute opened by a client in needs of money and she claimed unauthorised transactions on her credit card used to pay my PT services through PayPal. As my goods are not tangible I’m not covered by seller protection and I lost the dispute and forced to return nearly £700 earned with my hard job . Can’t appeal to the decision , can’t speak with anyone’, I feel frustrated and upset and there is no way to turn to
Login to Me Too

WillieNilly
Contributor
Contributor

So lets say I ship everything back...PP reimburses me for shipping...but the seller never refunds me the original amount. Back to square one and out hundreds of dollars anyway

Login to Me Too

MissJan
Contributor
Contributor

I have had 2 recent disputes with a seller from China. Both times I was sent an item that was not what I ordered (I now believe intentional as I have seen other reviews from people who had the same thing happen). In one I ordered an electric bike and received a bike helmet. Sent it back and Paypal paid the shipping. My parcel has tracking and not yet delivered back to them so still waiting for the refund. The other dispute (same seller) was for a bamboo chopping board and I received a flimsy piece of plastic. The offer was made by the seller for a refund on return of the item. I messaged Paypal and uploaded photos of the item ordered and what I received, also screenshots of bad reviews and others who received the same false item. Paypal then found in my favour and the money was refunded immediately by Paypal. I believe in this situation, Paypal refunds and then recoups the money from the seller. I did not have to return the item.

Login to Me Too

Colorado22

Take their refund!  For the love of God, take their refund.  PayPal's Resolution Center has dragged out my dispute (about a $35 purchase that was not delivered) over EIGHT MONTHS.  In the end, I spent hours writing letters, doing online chats, emailing only to NEVER get my purchase NOR my funds reimbursed. From my perspective, PayPal enables fraudulent sellers and burdens their customers with onerous hoops to jump through and additional expenses to pay on top of having been scammed. They have lost my business forever.  When I got scammed on eBay, their resolution team actually helped me and hence I continue to do business with them.  Bye-bye, PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.