Disputes

Ahenry1
Contributor
Contributor

I resolved a dispute but i wanted to know how long it takes for the other person to receive "dispute cancelled" email 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Ahenry1,

Thank you for your post! I'm glad to hear that the issue was resolved. The notification of the update to the dispute should be sent fairly quickly after the change in the status of the dispute. The seller can also log in to their account and see the status of the dispute.

I'm a little concerned about the need for this notification to be delivered quickly. Is the seller promising to refund you only if you cancel the dispute? Please make sure that you are not ever canceling a dispute at a seller's request in order to get a refund that is conditional upon the closure of the dispute. Once a dispute is canceled by the buyer, it cannot be reopened. It is important to stay protected and leave a dispute open for the full course of the process and escalate before the deadline if the issue has not actually been resolved. A seller can always refund while a dispute is open, even if they tell you otherwise.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Ahenry1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello thanks for the reply.

I got my item after some nagging, so i cancelled the dispute. 

Do you if there's a way to report sellers? I had a seller who has a paypal account and offers the use of paypal but when you buy the item tells people they no longer accept paypal and use only bitcoin or western.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_April

Hello @Ahenry1

You can send an email to PayPal with this information. Click on 'Contact' at the bottom of the PayPal page and then select 'Email Us'. 

-April 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.