Disputes

Lucia9
New Community Member

Hello☺️ I really need some advice regarding a situation! I sold something on ebay, buyer received the item , confirmed through messages on ebay that they are happy with the purchase, and while i had confirmation all is well, i have binned the shipping receipt. The whole transaction happened in December. End of January the buyer opened a dispute as unrecognised transaction directly with their bank. While i was not able to upload a copy of the receipt , i was able to provide an tracking id and also screenshots of the conversation with the buyer, however none of this are taken in consideration and now i have lost my money and my item . PayPal frankly claims they can not do anything unless i provide the receipt itself. I wonder , any chances that i can get my money back? Is so unfair that a scammer gets away with this and i , an honest user of paypal, i lose my money and my item... i could just give that item away for free... would have been cheaper.. Thank you all and sorry for the long post! Thank you in advance to whoever takes time to read and reply! Good day

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hi, Lucia9. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience here on the PayPal Community Forum. What you've described is certainly not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers! I will do my best to assist.

Based on what you mentioned, it sounds like a dispute was submitted saying the financial information used to fund the payment you received was used without permission. While I understand your point of view this is a scam, it's likely the "buyer" and the owner of the financial information were two different people.

When PayPal is notified of a situation like this, we investigate (along with the bank or card issuer), and we do our best to sort things out, but it usually ends up that we have to return money that was stolen due to unauthorized use of someone's card or bank account.

When it comes to whether or not PayPal can reimburse a seller under the Seller Protection Policy, may be necessary for a seller to provide only a tracking number. However, requirements vary, so it's possible a request for the actual receipt was correct. Without the necessary information and/or documentation, I regret it wouldn't be possible for PayPal to reimburse you under the Protection Policy.

My best recommendation is that you contact PayPal and ask for further review of the situation. Customer Service channels include phone, email, Facebook (send a Private Message via https://www.facebook.com/paypal) or Twitter (send a DM from your Twitter account to @AskPayPal).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.