Disputes, upset, customer service

Rennis
Contributor
Contributor
I’m very upset with PayPal with the way they are handling my dispute request. I ordered a product online and paid using PayPal and I have never gotten the item. I started a dispute and I was noticed today that my case was closed and there not refunding my money because the seller provided a tracking number. Well obviously PayPal never checked on the tracking number provided because they would see that it was never delivered to my address. Instead PayPal saw a tracking number and ruled in favor with the seller. To make matters worse, PayPal doesn’t provide a way to contact them to discuss there findings of the investigation!! I use PayPal to protect my accounts but yet it seems like there working with the criminals!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rennis 

Perhaps that the Application programming interface (API) between PayPal and the carrier are only capable in confirming some of the address information like city, state/province, zip code, and country (not the street address, for privacy) or just the tracking "Status", and no deep investigations are made on initial decision since it is all automated. So you'd have to get official documentation from the carrier showing that tracking number for said package is not to your shipping address, etc, pdf it, ready for upload and contact PayPal to appeal the decision. Note that response will take longer due to limited staffing so patience and perseverance is needed.

Or you can just dispute through your credit card if that is how you paid:

See section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TxDaddio
New Community Member
I have a transaction in which I bought a lawnmower. What was sent to me was a pair of socks from China. It took 2 months to deliver. I did not purchase two socks for $99.09. I suspected fraud and immediately requested to cancel the transaction and requested PayPal to refund the funds. The vendor never responded to my texts and since I received a “package “ the case was closed. No way to talk to PayPal. They are enabling criminals.
Login to Me Too

Rennis
Contributor
Contributor
That is mind blowing to me. PayPal should be ashamed of themselves allowing criminals to cheat PayPal customers! 2 pairs of socks from China are equivalent to a lawnmower!! Awesome. This is making me decide to not use PayPal anymore!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.