Disputes help!

GlandonR
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer is stating they didn’t open a dispute. They are stating their financial institution did on their own. With that being said the money is held up and I’m in the negative. I can’t however afford to fix the negative balance. And I have sent screenshots to PayPal showing she stated she didn’t open the dispute. What else can I do??!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @GlandonR

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

Your Buyer's Card Issuer filed a chargeback against you. Chargeback isn’t the same as a PayPal claim. The chargeback process is initiated outside of PayPal, between the card issuer and their cardholder. In a dispute over a chargeback, the decision is ultimately made by the card issuer and we don't decide the outcome. Therefore,PayPal and you could not cancel it. Only the Buyer can cancel it and the Buyer need to notify their card issuer that they want to cancel that chargeback. Hope this helps!

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.