Disputes and "Return Shipping On Us"

agreen1980
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way for me to actually contact paypal with a question? I opened a dispute in the resolution center. The dispute was found to be in my favor. I purchased a blanket from a company in NY. The label the blanket was shipped in was addressed from NYC. Since the dispute was found to be in my favor paypal instructed me to return the item for a full refund. Of course the address the company provided Paypal in in Vietnam, so it is going to cost me $40 to mail the $70 blanket back. This doesn't seem fair. Will the "Return Shipping on Us" paypal policy cover these charges? If so do I need to some how pay for the return shipping charges via paypal at the post office (I have no idea how to do this?) or can I pay for it via my debt card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sa55oas
New Community Member

I have been stunned by the same. I ordered 3 items from China, 1 received was terrible quality, the other 2 never shipped. I asked for refund of the whole payment, PayPal refused and made me send the 1 item back, even though shipping for the item cost more than the price of the item. The seller claims they haven't received the item, and now PayPal is making me prove it was delivered to them, which I don't know how to do. Seems crazy that I can't get money for the 2 items I never received while the small item is being lost! Also they only cover max £15 shipping costs.

I think they should get feedback that requiring customers to return items where shipping costs more than the item is a ridiculous policy, and doesn't favour sellers or buyers, and serves no sensible purpose.

I was warned about PayPal being a bad service provider in case of disputes, now I can see why

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.