Disputes and chargebacks against scammers

Iloveikea
Contributor
Contributor

I saw a deal on discord for virtual goods that I liked, so I contacted the seller. The seller told me to send him a payment of 120 USD, so I did exactly what he asked me to. When I sent the payment it said that the product will be on hold for 24 hours and I asked the seller to complete his end of the deal since the payment was already made from my part, however he refused to send the product until the payment was no longer on hold, so I contacted other people that were also sellers asking them for advice and they told me to open a dispute since the person is trying to scam me. I tried searching for multiple topics looking for people who faced this exact problem, looking for advice but all I got were mixed answers. 

I opened a dispute the following day since I understood it as the safest option to go with, the seller kept telling me to close the dispute and saying he would send me the product we agreed on when I would close it, understandably I thought this was a bit suspicious and searched for more help and decided not close it and told him if he won't send me the product or won't issue me a refund I won't close the dispute. 

This has been going on for 3 days which leaves me to today, he told me that he sent me the product, however when I checked it said that I haven't received any product, later that day I found out that the seller has sent me fake proof by inspecting the item. He has also sent this fake proof out to our conversation on the dispute.

So I wanted to know, if I would claim this dispute after 4 more days would I receive my money back, or would paypal give the money to the scammer even tho the proof he provided was fake and I did not receive any product? I have been looking for answers and this whole situation has left me very tired and stressed out since I never ran it to scammers on paypal before.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.