Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputes and COVID-19

Highlighted
Contributor

Disputes and COVID-19

Hi all,

Is there any protection for sellers during this pandemic? I have sold and shipped a bunch of items out and understandably the post office is very slow and far behind schedule now. One buyer in particular has not understood this and is wanting to set up a claim to get a refund even when the item I shipped has departed my country and I have provided evidence and proof that I have shipped it. If a claim is made, will I be able to win and is proof including: tracking number, shipping label and pics of item inside the box sufficient to win the case? Or if the seller wins the case will they be required to ship the item back to receive their refund?

TIA!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
PayPal Employee

Re: Disputes and COVID-19

Good day @Dillon_C 

I hope all is well.

I can sense that you are still fulfilling your responsibility as a seller to your buyers so it really is my heavy heart knowing that there is one buyer who was wanting to open a claim against you. I am sorry about that but I am happy to give you a little insights.

When a buyer opens a claim for an "item not received", the seller is asked to supply a valid tracking number that can be tracked online- that I am 100% confident that you will be able to provide. This information will be monitored by our Dispute agent. Normally, case should not be closed as long as there is at a movement on the tracking number, anticipating some delays due to covid-19.  

Just please always check your email or visit resolution center at least on a daily basis to ensure that you will not miss any actions to be taken required by the case.

For your reference, please see links below:

How do I respond to a PayPal dispute opened by my buyer? 

Can I appeal PayPal’s decision on my claim? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Disputes and COVID-19

I understand this, however, I am afraid due to the quarantine situation the tracking does not move in a few weeks as the post offices are very far behind schedule and are being overwhelmed. If a buyer does ask for a refund, will they have to ship the item back when they receive it before they can get a refund? Otherwise they will be able to get the money and keep the item as well which is a large loss to sellers like me.