Disputes against me but I can't give my side?

BumbleOaks
New Community Member

My client who had several shoots booked has disputed all the deposit money as "taken without account holders knowledge" even though the shoots in question were carried out fully and she made those payments knowing  they were deposits, even going as far as to claim other peoples deposits who sent her the money to send to me. Its "Under paypal review" but theres nowhere for me to upload proof of the situation? I know have a negative balance and no way of topping it up. What do I do because that's rightfully my money for carrying out the service paid for? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BumbleOaks

An unauthorised transaction means that an account holders Paypal account was hacked and used without their consent by your ?buyer.

If Paypal check IP addresses etc and find in favour of the account holder then of course they are reimbursed.

However you would not lose out either as long as you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so your best bet is to go and read up on it to make sure you were covered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.