Disputes, PayPal lack of communication, PayPal condoning fraud

Monark
Contributor
Contributor

Highly frustrated... I bought some shoes that were advertised and marketed as Blowfish brand. Well they are not and are a cheap knockoff. I filed a dispute with PayPal complaining about the scamming. This company offered to return my money but only if I ship the shoes back to of all places China( had  I known they were from China I would have never ordered them) I angry that this company is scamming even using the Blowfish brand advertisement on their website. I can’t find anywhere to respond to PayPal arguing why I should have to pay to ship them back when they lied about their product. They should be sending a return label to me. It appears that PayPal wants me to go ahead and send them back to China. I’m sure this will cost me a lot. The shoes were almost $ 60 dollars. I’ve tried calling PayPal and can not get anyone because of covid:(

what other option do I have with PayPal... I have not responded yet to the offer although I can’t find the button to respond solidifying the fact that PayPal is wanting me to ship the **bleep** shoes back. Pretty angry at PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

catdancingfancy
Contributor
Contributor

By pass the slackers at Pay pal . Contact your credit card company & tell them Pay pal/ ebay  is not helping you. I also suggest that you enter a complaint on the BBB website about pay pal /ebay not communicating with you & the lack of PP  or ebay not addressing the fraud issue. COVID , just a new American excuse to get out of work. With millions out of work it is easy for companies to hire people to remotely work from home, that is if they wanted to actually give customer service versus an excuse to not give service. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ajankorzi
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact problem with the same exact bleeping shoes- except they took me for $77.94 for 5 pairs of these heinous monstrosity they call a pair of "everyday shoes," that would probably fall apart if someone actually wore them. Who was your seller? Mine was "PP.CAREU" either way, if they're not the same company name- I'm pretty certain they're the same SCAMMERS! Please let me know what your end result is- they have yet to give me a determination on my dispute because the "automated" customer service keeps messing up my dispute and adding 2wks to it- this is now the 3rd time! I'm beyond frustrated and if they tell me to ship this literal crap back to CHINA, they will have a bigger problem. HOW PAYPAL IS HANDLING ALL OF THIS THROUGH COVID IS NOT EVEN ETHICALLY OR MORALLY CORRECT IN MY EYES! THEYRE NOT EVEN ADDRESSING THE BIGGER ISSUE AS TO WHY THEY KEEP ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO US- THE CUSTOMER OVER AND OVER AGAIN! WHY ARE THEY PROTECTING THESE SCAMMERS AND FRAUDULENT BUSINESS FRONTS???
Login to Me Too

Monark
Contributor
Contributor
I’m going to contact the BBB tomorrow and the my credit card company and tell them... PayPal’s communication, the site format for Contacting anyone is horrible. My comapany was called JIIIVE Another company I’m in dispute with is called SummerWe... another Chinese company that offered these adorable looking converse like sneakers in cute colors what I got was nothing close to the advertised photo. Look more like clown shoes.
Login to Me Too

catdancingfancy
Contributor
Contributor

Sad that you had such a crappy experience with a Chinese company...ironically ,the Chinese companies I have bought from actually had a better work ethic & faster free shipping than many U.S. sellers. I however was not buying shoes or clothing, I was buying small electronics , which ALL come from China  anyway, if you buy them in America you are just paying an extra seller in-between,  Example a $15- $20  tv, VCR, DVD ,GAME control switch box  at Walmart or Best Buy. or Target will cost only about $1.80- $3.25  with FREE shipping if bought direct from a seller in China. It may take  2 1/2 weeks to get here but look at the savings! I bought  3 just in case they did not hold up well , & for other T.V.'s I had     That was 5 years ago and they still work perfectly.

Login to Me Too

swenner
Contributor
Contributor

The company VOKUNK is completely fake. If I knew it was in China, I never would of ordered. They even shut down their website. And to top it off, they would not reply to emails and took over 2 months to receive the items. The company only responded when PayPal emailed them. But still **bleep** in the situation. I have researched shipping prices, costs more than the items up to or over $100 depending on what shipping method.  PayPal only refunds up to $30, and that's if the seller claims they received it. So frustrating!

Login to Me Too
Solved

catdancingfancy
Contributor
Contributor

By pass the slackers at Pay pal . Contact your credit card company & tell them Pay pal/ ebay  is not helping you. I also suggest that you enter a complaint on the BBB website about pay pal /ebay not communicating with you & the lack of PP  or ebay not addressing the fraud issue. COVID , just a new American excuse to get out of work. With millions out of work it is easy for companies to hire people to remotely work from home, that is if they wanted to actually give customer service versus an excuse to not give service. 

Login to Me Too

Monark
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you I will certainly look into this tomorrow.
Login to Me Too

swenner
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the very same issue with a company called VOKUNK. The shipping me to was FREE, but not PayPal is wanting me to pay to return the 2 pairs of shoes to them. Your post says to complain to your credit card company; expect my charges were taking from checking account. How is your bank suppose to help you? It is going to cost more to return than what I paid for the shoes : (

Login to Me Too

catdancingfancy
Contributor
Contributor

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER use a debit card /bank account for ANYTHING..( except to take money from an ATM !!!!!  .This is advice any money saver consumer ( or good banker )will tell you. the reason being, #1  You have NO RECOURSE if  your purchase is less than perfect, # 2 You give that person access to your ENTIRE BANK ACCOUNT BALANCE. a con artist can change a selling price and literally wipe you out.  and #3  if you have over draft protection on your checking account they can ALSO clean out your savings account. Thee is NEVER a reason to use a debit card /bank account... if you do not own a credit card , or think your credit score will have credit card companies deny you , you can start with a "pre paid credit card" which is just a credit card based on a secured bank account that  can only have payments taken out of. So an account with  $500 in  it  will give you a credit card with a $500 credit limit, when you reach that balance in purchases ,  the card is turned down & can not be used till more money is put in the account. AT 40 years old I had plenty of money but had ZERO for a "credit rating"  because I used cash or checks , this is what I did and quickly built an excellent credit rating. I never put anything on the card that I currently could not pay off right then, and every month paid my balance In FULL so I never paid 1 penny in interest. Also NEVER set up automatic payments where a company ( even a utility co.)  draws the payment from your bank account.....When you set up that type of payment  you give them EVERYTHING they need to commit fraud AND use that info for other fraudulent things. Just realize you gave them your name, address, bank name, account number & routing number DIRECTLY TO YOUR ACCOUNT. there is NOTHING ELSE needed by them to transfer any or ALL of your money electronically immediately to an account they own, there is legal recourse , but it is long & drawn out.....Save yourself the grief. just use a credit card,   anyone who does business online , including most local govt. offices takes credit cards

Login to Me Too

akapv
New Community Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. I am also very frustrated and fed up with Paypal. I filed a dispute in July and supplied Paypal with every piece of documentation I had regarding the case which should have clearly been in my favor. There is no way to talk to a live person. I tried the message center and had to wait 24 hours for each response of which the representatives had differing inconsistent responses regarding my case. In the end (8 weeks later), a representative message me that the dispute money was credited to my account and I was all set. Well, a week later, I was told just the opposite by Paypal and now they want me to pay them back the credited amount. This lack of communication and ineffective online options is absolutely unacceptable. They need to stop hiding behind "covid" as an excuse for not having live representatives to talk to. Other financial institutions have found a way. If you have access to people's money, you need to be available to them! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.