Disputes - Chargeback both Paypal and my Credit Card company

cancay5114
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I could really use some advice.  A few months ago, I purchased a louis vuitton handbag and it turned out to be fake.  I contacted both Paypal and my credit card company to help with the dispute.  I gave my credit card all the information, but they said it wasn't enough.  I then sent them an authentication letter from a third party, but they said it's past due, so they won't help me.  My case with paypal is still open, and I can see that the merchant has been radio silence.  However, I received a message today from Paypal saying that I closed the case several months ago and won't be able to reopen the case.  That's strange to me because why would I close a case if I want my money back?  I tried contacting Paypal, but  I cannot call to speak to a representative.  I messaged them, but really not alot of information.  Doesn't seem like I will be receiving help from either institutions.  I was advised by my credit card company to file for legal counsel.  That's fine but that will end up costing me more than my purchased price ($1200).  What are my options?  TIA

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.