Disputed claim not showing in resolution center

The_Beard

I submitted a claim to dispute a transaction, received email from Paypal saying he dispute was opened but nothing is listed in the resolution center.

Looking for anyone that can assist in getting the dispute added to my account as well as the associated transaction.

Background info:

• Transaction was conducted before Paypal account was created so transaction doesn't show in account details
  • Email contact with seller over the past three days as not been returned
  • Research on seller web presence indicated that the item/seller is conducting a scam
  • Received Chinese tracking information several days ago , but when attempting to track product no data can be found. 

Adding the following thread as it is the same scam , just a different web site. The seller is advertising via Facebook and the links are to mirror images of sites that sell the items. Customers are receiving incorrect items, sub-par items, and in some cases no item at all. Sellers comments when received are to send the items back to China / Hong Kong causing the customer to be saddled with fees that are more than the purchase price. 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/HELP/m-p/1544988

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@The_Beard

Transaction was conducted before Paypal account was created so transaction doesn't show in account details

In that case you paid as a guest buyer and as such it does not show on your paypal account. If you phoned customer services and they opened a claim for you then you need to wait it out.

If you did not phone them and open a claim then do so OR file a chargeback via your card issuer.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

The_Beard

Thanks for the quick response ... I received an email staying a dispute was opened (original contact was via private email via Paypal account). Does it take time to see the dispute register on my account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@The_Beard

As i said above it will NEVER show on your paypal account as you did not log in to that paypal account to pay for the item.

You paid as a guest buyer so it does not show on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

The_Beard

You would think if paypal opened a claim (dispute) it would be added to the users account for tracking and future comments. I will work with my bank since getting a response back via Paypal email messages is slow at best.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@The_Beard

Paypal have opened a claim for you as a guest buyer, if you go to your bank then they don't allow double dipping and may close the claim.

Up to you but i would prefer to wait for that claim to be decided first.

They don't need to respond to emails, the claim is open and you have to wait the time it takes to resolve, up to you though.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

The_Beard

Understand , disagree that they don't have to respond as it is the only way for me to get a status, but I understand your comments.

Login to Me Too

erroberts1
Contributor
Contributor

I too fell victim to this scam and received a 2" piece of cardboard in a bubble envelope (for $90) that was labeled "Drivingrecorder" (I bought a dash cam).

I was able to open a dispute, immediately escalated to a claim, and have shipped back the "merchandise" via USPS with tracking for about $20. PayPal will reimburse return shipping fees of up to $30 under certain circumstances under their buyer protection program if you are able to clearly demonstrate that the seller acted in bad faith or does not respond to inquiries relating to the claim.

Login to Me Too

The_Beard

Thanks for the feedback ...will contact my bank since it has been several days an very little in the way of progress with Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Richard-27
Contributor
Contributor

This issue continues... and has been going on way too long! It doesn't take much much to Google "Hotrait" (or whatever name/website Lin Jinrong goes by this week) to find out they are scammers! With the multitude of complaints filed with PayPal, one would think that PayPal might research this seller/scammer, and would cut them loose immediately and give restitution to the many disgruntled buyers. But NO!!! This seller continues to scam unsuspecting buyers with PayPal's help!  Considering that the scamming continues, one has to assume that those who profit from it must be in on it. The biggest profiters in this situations are Lin Jinrong and PP!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.