Disputed Payment Paid By Another Card?

JazzTiger112
New Community Member

I had a card in my account that was not mine, intended for one purchases. I later forgot about it and accidentally used it instead of my card. Now the owner filed a dispute because he did not use it at all, not had any idea about it. Would it be possible for PayPal to accept those disputes, and charge the payments to MY card? I would even pay for the dispute fees. I don't think I can talk to the actual owner about paying him cause it would cause conflict. I was wondering if it's possible for PP to accept the charge back, and I would pay it instead using my account, since the owner really did not have any idea about it. I am going to pay for everything that has been issued a dispute.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JazzTiger112 

In the dispute, there should be a way that you can accept liability and PayPal will charge it your PayPal balance if they haven't already done so. If you have no funds in your PayPal balance, it will go in the negative. If you buy something with your card, PayPal will add the negative amount to your bill at checkout. PayPal will display this when you make payment. Please remove this other person's card from your account if it has been done yet. You're not supposed to add someone else's card to your account to begin with.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.