Disputed Friends and Family?

Frankie3521
Contributor
Contributor

So, I have a completely legitimate transaction that was sent via friends and family. They are now claiming it was an unauthorized transaction and the money is being held. Despite this, I have E-Mails and Facebook messages from the sender of the money verifying that it was indeed him who sent the transfer. The dispute is currently in process as he is trying to recoup the money which is rightfully mine, but I don't see any avenue to provide my information. I want to show them that he, in fact, was the rightful sender of this money, but I don't see a manner of doing this.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Frankie3521
Contributor
Contributor

It simply says they will contact me if they need me. 

Login to Me Too

Frankie3521
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Login to Me Too

Frankie3521
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too

Frankie3521
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frankie3521 

Its against Paypal rules to accept a family / friends payment for selling goods and you risk your Paypal account being limited if you do so.

A buyer would not be able to open a Paypal dispute for 'non-receipt' OR 'not as described' as they would have no Paypal buyer protection.
However they can still open an 'unauthorised transaction' OR do a 'chargeback' (via their card issuer) and you may well lose as you would have no Paypal seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Frankie3521
Contributor
Contributor

When did I ever say I sold a good a good or service?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Frankie3521 

Well if not you have some strange mates or members of your family that would file a dispute against you? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.