Dispute

ravenfeathers
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed. I tried to email the seller directly, and was told the same excuses. “Due to covid...” Blah blah blah. I asked them for a refund, since my item (by their own words) wouldn’t be shipped for another month. Their website claimed 10 days for processing and shipment. But when I contacted them about it, they said 30 days from then. It’s now been a month since I placed my order, and two weeks since they said a month. I filed a claim with PayPal. Then I got a personal email from the seller, asking me to remove my claim because my item was shipped. Well, when I told them that their own website was still listing it as processing, they said they’d throw in a free gift instead. When I asked how’d they do that since my item was ‘shipped’, they once again reverted back to “Due to covid and high demand this hasn’t shipped yet”. So... it didn’t ship, and they told me it did so I would remove my claim. At this point, I just want my money back. Is there a way I can tell PayPal what the seller tried to do? The claim is still in the ‘waiting for seller response’ phase.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @ravenfeathers. Thanks for taking the time to add your experience here on the PayPal Community Forum. What you have described is certainly not what PayPal wants for customers!

If you escalated a dispute to a claim, it's not necessary or possible for you to provide more information to PayPal. Sellers are given a deadline to provide more information, and a claim will close automatically if they don't meet the deadline. If you escalated a dispute to a claim, the best thing to do at this time is watch for a further update. If you haven't escalated a dispute, please check out https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq822 for more information. The whole process can take up to 30 days after a dispute has been escalated to a claim, although it usually doesn't take that long.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.