Dispute

ROBERTA20
Contributor
Contributor

Someone was sending me 3000.00 through paypal, 1st 1000.00 came through easy. The second thousand would not ,so I called the paypal customer service. The man I was thinking was a rep told me  I needed to pay a bill to activate my account since I did not use it much. I told him I had no bill to pay just wanted my money. He then told me the only other thing I could do was a dummy purchase, of course I listened to him (because I called paypal). Anyway he went ahead & made 3 $100.00 digital purchases, me thinking they were all dummies. Then he told me to wait 10 minutes  before I went back into paypal. Needless to say somehow I was scammed on the paypal phone line. Did not realize until I did a dispute to take care of the 300.00, they told me Case Closed the transaction was not unauthorized.  What do I do next??? I'm hoping the person sending the money  can get it back, hopefully. But have no clue what to do about the 300.00?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ROBERTA20 

Its a SCAM.

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number OR a scammer has posted a thread in this forum.

That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.

The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.