Dispute

BayleyKester
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something 2 weeks ago. I got scammed. I was not able to dispute the claim until a week after purchase. When I filed the claim, I was told if they did not receive a reply from the seller in a week, the claim will go in my favour and I would win it. It’s been a week, no reply from seller, I go to resolution centre and click on my claim to view the status and it says it is unable to check the status of the claim. Frustrating, but I message the virtual agent for more info on my case and it says that the seller has until the 25th of MAY. This is totally ridiculous. I will have waited a month by the time I get my money back?? Not acceptable. I have other things I desperately need that money for and yet I can’t have it for another 2 weeks! The proof is all there, the seller deleted his profile the day after payment and dodged all my emails of my concern and the tracking number he provided is fake. How on earth does it take a full month to figure out whether or not the guy is a scammer. Not happy.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

Tempnsky4eva
Contributor
Contributor
Ok that's what I am doing now. I called the BBB on PayPal because it should be a better process than what they have. Aint no way a person close my dispute at 11pm! How long did it take for them to refund you your money?
Login to Me Too

mike503
New Community Member

Same thing here. Been waiting over 2 months for a package, it was stuck in "pending shipment" or whatever by USPS even just last week; today I got that "package" it was a pair of tiny socks, not the $65+ worth of merchandise I ordered. The website is obviously a scam, and I ordered using PayPal specifically for their buyer protection, which it sounds like is NOT being handled properly in this thread... I've disputed things before and usually the seller just refunds it (obviously called their bluff)

This one looks like it's not going to happen that way. It's been a while, nothing from PayPal, nothing from the seller, and now I'm worried it's going to show as "delivered" and be closed on me. I have pictures, proof of the shipment/label showing "socks" instead of what I ordered, but now I cannot update my dispute (now claim) with this information.

Login to Me Too

krissynanny
Contributor
Contributor

I order something on May 18 it states before I order it would be shipped in 3-5 days when I checked the order it says pending so I tried to contact seller which states they are in USA well every E-mail they have on account is not a real address so I put dispute in on May 28 they said it could take up to 5 days now it states JUNE 11 how is this 5 days I can not get a hold of anyone from seller nor pay-pal I feel like I got scammed and this is first and last time I use pay-pal wonder how I report seller and pay-pal  

Login to Me Too

Kite29
New Community Member
Me too, no more PayPal, hopefully everyone knows that PayPal is not secure
Login to Me Too

David424
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a shirt back in the beginning of April gave the shipper ample time to get it out decided to dispute it a make a claim for a refund on May 8th claim said it would be settled by June 9th still nothing now it says June 17th. This is total **bleep** ill never use PayPal again. This whole process is **bleep**!!
Login to Me Too

LynnPerley
Contributor
Contributor

I agree 100%. My claim has been open for two weeks and they still ahvent even looked at it. I ordered 4 products and was sent one tiny product not the same as the 4 I ordered. The seller is a scam and I cannot escalate my dispute into a claim because PayPal has not even bothered to look at the dispute I filed. I have hard evidence of the scam I suffered and can't even add it.

Login to Me Too

KennethBLane
New Community Member

I fell for a scam on Facebook and paid for it with Paypal.  I filed a non delivery dispute beginning of May 2020.  I have contacted Paypal 14 times about this.  It is now September 2020 and Paypal has once again moved resolution up to Sept. 27th 2020.  I will close my account once this is settled and never darken eBay nor Facebook nor Paypal again in this lifetime!  Scam operations like Paypal should be shut down!
!

Login to Me Too

Karent3
Contributor
Contributor
I too fell for a scam on Facebook. The company offered a partial refund, I declined and then PayPal wanted me to report to my police station. Not prepared to do this in a tine of worldwide pandemic and murders so PayPal decided to close my case!
Login to Me Too

Veeryupsettoo

I had a similar situation that got even worse.  After almost a month of waiting and Paypal changing the expected resolution deadline 3 times, Paypal responded and said I would get a full refund if I send the item back to the seller.  Except the seller said I have to ship the items to China!  The fake knock off items that I purchased were sent from California and the advertisement says that they are based in California, but the seller still reportedly says it has to be sent to China.  Ironically, I was given less than a week to get the package in the mail, even though Paypal and the seller had a month to make their decisions.  I objected to having to send the items to China but Paypal replied that the seller has a right to have it sent to where ever they wish (so any scam artist can say it must be sent to the most costly place in the world just so you back down and drop the dispute).  I feel like Paypal is just supporting these scam artists, and they clearly care more about the seller companies that the individual buyers (Capitalism at its finest). 

To add to the unfairness, given Covid and recent floods in China the post office is holding off on shipping to China right now, and they have a warning saying that it could take months for packages to be delivered after shipping resumes.  Plus, shipping costs to China have greatly have increased (it is costing between $80. to $120.00 to ship to the address the scam seller wants the items shipped backed to.  So my choices are to drop it and let the scammers have my money and let Paypal go on unscathed, or pay more to return the items than I paid for them.  I have decided that I can at least "make some noise" and let others know how bad Paypal's "Purchase Protection" and dispute resolution is.  I plan to report to the BBB and post on every social media site I can find and ask family and friends to do the same.         

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well said. My sentiments exactly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.