Dispute

BayleyKester
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something 2 weeks ago. I got scammed. I was not able to dispute the claim until a week after purchase. When I filed the claim, I was told if they did not receive a reply from the seller in a week, the claim will go in my favour and I would win it. It’s been a week, no reply from seller, I go to resolution centre and click on my claim to view the status and it says it is unable to check the status of the claim. Frustrating, but I message the virtual agent for more info on my case and it says that the seller has until the 25th of MAY. This is totally ridiculous. I will have waited a month by the time I get my money back?? Not acceptable. I have other things I desperately need that money for and yet I can’t have it for another 2 weeks! The proof is all there, the seller deleted his profile the day after payment and dodged all my emails of my concern and the tracking number he provided is fake. How on earth does it take a full month to figure out whether or not the guy is a scammer. Not happy.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BayleyKester 

Might be because of the Covid-19 situation. They're giving all accounts the benefit of the doubt. Continue to contact customer service, expect response to take longer during these times.

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options such as live chat.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BayleyKester 

Might be because of the Covid-19 situation. They're giving all accounts the benefit of the doubt. Continue to contact customer service, expect response to take longer during these times.

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options such as live chat.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (UK): https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK

Twitter (UK): @paypalUK 

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I have problems with faulty goods can not get any satisfaction from papal ,the sooner eBay move to the new  system and use the other system they have started to use .iwill no longer use PayPal they are useless can not contact anybody the chat line do not work,, they are getting away with murder under the coronavirus situation,,all they do is spin you in circles 

Login to Me Too

pasogrande
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.   Many companies are using COVID-19 as an excuse to make profits;  the good ones hire extra staff or make accommodation for the existing staff to compensate.

There will be Class Action Lawsuits as a result.

Login to Me Too

GlennG3
Contributor
Contributor
Covid-19 is an excuse. Other companies figure out how to stay in contact with customers. Why even use PayPal
Login to Me Too

ringuagiato
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal resolution center is trash plain and simple. They encourage scamers to take advantage of their clients so they can reap the fees. I purchased a ice machine from a Facebook Ad. The facebook webpage looked great and thought it looked very legit. After using my paypal to pay for the ice machine. I never received a confirmation number or shipping number from the company. I tried to contact them directly but their web page was no longer up and running. I emailed them at the only email address i had from them but got no reply.  I then opened a dispute on the resolution center and now im over a month in. Paypal keeps posting resolution dates but once i reach that date they push it forward a few more days. These scammers know exactly what to say to paypal to keep pushing them out farther and farther. Paypal needs to stand up for its customers or it will lose them its that plain and simple. We all use paypal because its suppose to be a safe way to pay but that is no longer the case. PAYPAL stop worrying so much about saving money on live operators and hire some native English speaking operators for your English speaking clients  and answer the dang phone. Customer service is dead these days and were all sick of it. I'm sure i'll never see my money again and paypal could care less. Im done with this platform and so are my friend. 

Login to Me Too

Kcava
Contributor
Contributor

You'll see "PAYPAL *WFO084" Seller info (Asian writing and then <removed> This is how they scam paypal I saw someone else write this email!!!! How is paypal allowing the same scammers to scam people with the SAME EMAIL!!!! COMMONNNNN

Login to Me Too

JoeDawg1
Contributor
Contributor

I have similar circumstances with a dispute and I provided websites that show my order was clearly from a scam merchant. After I made the dispute through PayPal, they gave the merchant three weeks to fix the problem even though I provided evidence that it is a scam website.

I received a confirmation of shipping for my order through PayPal on 5/2/2020 (not the merchant) that is fraudulent shipping info. Nothing was delivered to my address. The tracking information contains all kinds of strange and incorrect information, so I called UPS and they confirmed the tracking number was for an AMAZON package to a different address (not mine). I ordered from an independent (scam) website. In addition, the item that the scammer claimed was delivered to my address only weighed .6 pounds and the Dyson vacuum that I ordered weighs over 9 pounds. 

Very frustrating that PayPal is allowing so much flexibility for criminals!

Login to Me Too

FlintGrint
New Community Member
I have had the same issue, filed a claim on the 27th of April, (escalated the claim) it's been 10 days since I escalated and now it says the seller has until the 17th of may to reply?? So I have to wait 20 days, it's ridiculous
Login to Me Too

Weathershield

I have also filed a claim... scammers are out there and looks like PayPal support behaviors like that! I got ZERO support from PayPal. It's not fair to all of users.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.