Dispute

HazeKush97
Contributor
Contributor
I give one of my "freinds" £600 on the 6th to transfer me some money and they did and now they have gone and diptuted as unauthenrized payments what to do as I have already giving him the cash
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HazeKush97 

Did sender pay as goods and services or friends and family?

If they paid as friends and family with payment status "Money Received" then sender may not win dispute because they sent the money. No one broke into their account to send it. Maybe the sender is confident and played it well, finding a way to make it look like they did not send it.

If the payment status is "Payment Received" and PayPal charged a fee for you to receive your payment, then you will need proof of delivery or proof of shipment (postage receipt) to be covered under seller protection against unauthorized payment claim, otherwise, your money is gone.

Did you happen to have a signed receipt and contract indicating that you gave this money to this person to perform this transfer for you? Because who is to know you gave this money to him besides you and this person?

Even if you do not win PayPal case, it is always best to have a receipt for cash money/contract of service that both parties sign so if anything goes wrong, you can take this person to small claims court with the receipt.

It is paid tuition for a lesson learned.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.