Dispute

Jackieb2
New Community Member
I received an email from the seller saying paypal have frozen money and they cant issue the refund until i cancel the dispute, is this true? If i cancel the dispute and they dont refund money can i open the dispute again.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackieb2 

Nope, you only get one chance at a dispute so please do not close it. The seller can refund within the dispute if it has not been escalated:

How do I issue a refund for a dispute?

To issue a full refund:

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Open Cases.
  3. Click to search by Case ID or Transaction ID.
  4. Click Issue a full refund on the case details page.

You can issue a refund within 180 days of receiving a payment. Issuing a full refund automatically closes a dispute.

The case must be in the dispute phase or waiting for the seller's response to complete this action. If it's under review, you must contact PayPal to take this action.

If your PayPal account balance does not have enough money in it, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account. 

To offer a partial refund:  

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Open Cases.
  4. Select the Case or Transaction and click to Offer a partial refund on the case details page.
  5. Enter the amount you want to offer and click Calculate to figure out the net refund amount and fee refund.
  6. Click Offer refund

You can issue a partial refund within 180 days of receiving a payment. When you issue a partial refund, PayPal credits a portion of your original transaction fee

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackieb2 

Nope, you only get one chance at a dispute so please do not close it. The seller can refund within the dispute if it has not been escalated:

How do I issue a refund for a dispute?

To issue a full refund:

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Open Cases.
  4. Click Issue a full refund on the case details page.

You can issue a refund within 180 days of receiving a payment. Issuing a full refund automatically closes a dispute.

The case must be in the dispute phase or waiting for the seller's response to complete this action. If it's under review, you must contact PayPal to take this action.

If your PayPal account balance does not have enough money in it, the entire refund will be issued from the primary bank account linked to your PayPal account. 

To offer a partial refund:  

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Open Cases.
  4. Select the Case or Transaction and click to Offer a partial refund on the case details page.
  5. Enter the amount you want to offer and click Calculate to figure out the net refund amount and fee refund.
  6. Click Offer refund

You can issue a partial refund within 180 days of receiving a payment. When you issue a partial refund, PayPal credits a portion of your original transaction fee

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.