Dispute

JessSweetman
Contributor
Contributor
Someone from Depop opened a dispute against me from PayPal claiming she hasn’t received her item. I uploaded a picture of proof of postage from Royal mail, however, it wasn’t enough as there was no tracking number on the receipt. The dispute was closed with her taking the item I sent her along with my money. The case has now been closed is there anything I can do?!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JessSweetman 

Not really, in the event of an item not received dispute the ONLY way paypal can decide if an item arrived or not is if the seller provides trackable proof of delivery.

You don't have to send trackable but the risk would be yours and not the buyers.

After all if the item was genuinely lost in the post then of course the buyer would want a refund, if I bought something and didn't receive it then I would not be happy if the seller just said they had 'proof of postage' so no refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JessSweetman
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass I uploaded a picture of proof of postage to PayPal (and Depop) but it seems as though they did not acknowledge it. The buyer received the T-shirt but wanted her money anyways so opened a dispute. I have proof of postage but no tracking number on it from Royal Mail. Is there anything I can do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JessSweetman 

Proof of postage just means you posting it. It does not mean the buyer received it does it?

So if the buyer did not receive it then surely you would want to issue a refund?

Tracking is for your protection not the buyers as if an item went missing you could refund the buyer and claim from RM.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.