Dispute

Joload
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered annidem form China, the seller had not mailed my item and had not replied to my email/messages. I waited 10 day with no response and I finally asked them to cancel and agin no response. This is when I opened a dispute. I have now bought the item from a Uk buyer. After opening the dispute the seller has now posted it despite my request to cancel and given PayPal a tracking number. Argh help what happens now. Will I end up with 2 ?! How will PayPal respond to this any idea?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joload

Escalate to a claim, if the item doesn't arrive within 10 days you 'should' get a refund.

If not and the item arrives you should be able to change it to received but not as described if that is the case.

If you are refunded and the item turns up then you can ask the seller for a shipping label to return it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joload
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, the item wasn’t bought through eBay does this make a difference in how the dispute works? PayPal are now considering my claim now he has uploaded shipping info. I do not have the option to respond to anything and cann’t See what the seller has written in response.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joload

I thought you said you opened a paypal dispute and not an ebay dispute?

If so then ebay doesn't have anything to do with it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joload
Contributor
Contributor
YEs sorry, this a PayPal dispute, I have only ever done an eBay dispute before and nervous as heard bad reports about PayPal decisions
Login to Me Too

Joload
Contributor
Contributor
So PayPal have denied my dispute saying the parcel was delivered. It has now been delivered but they have ignored the fact I asked for it to be cancelled as I had now arranged to buy another item. Can I reopen this dispute and ask for a return label?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joload

Normally its x1 dispute per transaction BUT you can normally 'change' a dispute from non receipt to not as described if you are quick before it is closed.

If you didn't then ask paypal if they will let you do so..............

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.