Dispute

Em99
New Community Member

Having sold a jacket on depop he buyer initially asked for £5 off to which I responded no. He then proceeded to buy the jacket and said it had arrived, then he complained there was threads on it and asked for a partial refund of £5 to which I said no I only offer full refund and would like the jacket returned promptly. He pushed for a long time for a partial refund because he wanted to wear the jacket out. I said no. He then said he would keep the jacket because it was a nice jacket. He then returned and asked for a refund again. He then wanted me to refund him before he returned the jacket to which I said no. It would only be refunded with a tracking number. Now he has had the jacket for over a week and states he intends to return it to me on Monday. My concerns are the legitimacy of his claims that the jacket is damaged as I have photos of it in the condition I described it in and that perhaps he has worn it out and now wishes to return it because he in skint ( he informed me he has no money in his bank account and needs the money back to pay for bills). Having opened a dispute on PayPal what grounds do I have to counter and arguement with him.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Em99 wrote:
Having sold a jacket on depop he buyer initially asked for £5 off to which I responded no. He then proceeded to buy the jacket and said it had arrived, then he complained there was threads on it and asked for a partial refund of £5 to which I said no I only offer full refund and would like the jacket returned promptly. He pushed for a long time for a partial refund because he wanted to wear the jacket out. I said no. He then said he would keep the jacket because it was a nice jacket. He then returned and asked for a refund again. He then wanted me to refund him before he returned the jacket to which I said no. It would only be refunded with a tracking number. Now he has had the jacket for over a week and states he intends to return it to me on Monday. My concerns are the legitimacy of his claims that the jacket is damaged as I have photos of it in the condition I described it in and that perhaps he has worn it out and now wishes to return it because he in skint ( he informed me he has no money in his bank account and needs the money back to pay for bills). Having opened a dispute on PayPal what grounds do I have to counter and arguement with him.

Depending on the reason the dispute alleged, the buyer has to return the item on his own dime to get a refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Em99

If he has not 'won' a dispute then he does not have the right to return it for a refund.

So if he does then he has to send trackable, if you receive it then its up to you if you refund OR force him to open and win a dispute first AND PROVIDE PAYPAL WITH THE TRACKING NUMBER to prove delivery of the item back to you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.