Dispute

BayleyKester
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something 2 weeks ago. I got scammed. I was not able to dispute the claim until a week after purchase. When I filed the claim, I was told if they did not receive a reply from the seller in a week, the claim will go in my favour and I would win it. It’s been a week, no reply from seller, I go to resolution centre and click on my claim to view the status and it says it is unable to check the status of the claim. Frustrating, but I message the virtual agent for more info on my case and it says that the seller has until the 25th of MAY. This is totally ridiculous. I will have waited a month by the time I get my money back?? Not acceptable. I have other things I desperately need that money for and yet I can’t have it for another 2 weeks! The proof is all there, the seller deleted his profile the day after payment and dodged all my emails of my concern and the tracking number he provided is fake. How on earth does it take a full month to figure out whether or not the guy is a scammer. Not happy.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

joshutya

Having the exact same issue.

Seller deleted his website and profile. No tracking provided. Took a week to dispute. Been waiting for 2+ weeks now. Most likely going to have to wait longer. Paypal needs to sort their claim management system out and by that I mean improve (and shorten) the time it takes to resolve disputed claims!

HURRY UP PAYPAL WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Login to Me Too

Rogerjl
Contributor
Contributor

Newspaper stated PayPal were reluctant to refund, they just hide behind robots

i too can’t get the scared people of PayPal to respond

Login to Me Too

Kcava
Contributor
Contributor
I think this is why people use paypal because they found a way to fraud and scam people using paypal! I opened a dispute my first issue ever buying from some fake WEBSITE which looked totally legit. And they closed my dispute right away. The seller didnt reach out to me.. the website feedback says fraud fraud fraud... yet they just closed my dispute! It's so hard to reach paypal people I cried all day cause I'm all nervous about this website and my purchase. No items were recieved I tried to cancel it right when I realized the money went to some random asian printed name. But then it's ok?
Login to Me Too

ChrisMkOz
Contributor
Contributor

Another sorry story. I ordered a Halloween projector and screen online that was promoted as 50% off (now US$26.50). What I actually received was a cheap plastic drop sheet similar in quality to a disposable party tablecloth. It was promoted as 4K, had pictures with mounting points and said it included the projector and 12 movies. All I received was the screen. At most this was worth US$2-$3.

I was dealing with the seller via the resolution centre and was getting nowhere. They either expected my to pay to ship it back to them before they'd offer a refund, or if I wanted to keep it they'd provide a 40% refund. I explained that it was not what I ordered, I would not have ordered it if I'd known what they'd send and I had no use for the product. This went back and forth before escalating to PayPal. I included evidence that the item was significantly different to what was shown, was way overpriced (remember the US$26 was 50% off) and other evidence including; nothing but 5 star reviews on the website all with the same grammatical errors and typos or contact details that were either not monitored or did not work (e.g. email bounce backs).

3 days later and I get a notification that the seller had offered a refund if I posted the product back to China. As I'm in Australia, this would have cost me ~US$10 including packaging and taken over a month. I had no recourse as PayPal did not offer one. They did absolutely nothing during the 3 weeks it was in the resolution centre. I've never had to use the Buyer's Protection despite having the account since 2001. I rode it through the exponential increases in eBay/PayPal fees without complaining. But I just calculated that since January 1 2014, I've moved over A$128K through this account. Take it back to 2001 and it's likely close to $400K. I would have been better off using my credit card as the Buyer's Protection did not protect me at all. Unless I receive a full refund, I'm closing my account as there is no benefit to using the services of a company that offers no benefit and treats it's customers like utter fools.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.