Dispute

BayleyKester
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something 2 weeks ago. I got scammed. I was not able to dispute the claim until a week after purchase. When I filed the claim, I was told if they did not receive a reply from the seller in a week, the claim will go in my favour and I would win it. It’s been a week, no reply from seller, I go to resolution centre and click on my claim to view the status and it says it is unable to check the status of the claim. Frustrating, but I message the virtual agent for more info on my case and it says that the seller has until the 25th of MAY. This is totally ridiculous. I will have waited a month by the time I get my money back?? Not acceptable. I have other things I desperately need that money for and yet I can’t have it for another 2 weeks! The proof is all there, the seller deleted his profile the day after payment and dodged all my emails of my concern and the tracking number he provided is fake. How on earth does it take a full month to figure out whether or not the guy is a scammer. Not happy.

Login to Me Too
53 REPLIES 53

tw13106

Papal itself is a worthless company to buy anything through.  They protect the scam more than you.   I bought something when I was hitting accept the cookies on their web page.  I tried to cancel it right away because i was trying to look at where the payment was going....   After literally a minute after the purchase I couldn't cancel it.   I couldn't reach a single living person at PayPal..     They **beep**

Login to Me Too

Sharongl5
Contributor
Contributor

Time to bring these scammers down starting with PAYPAL!!! I only purchased this item because of the buyer protection. It’s all *bleep* I’m going to write to everyone I know until some starts investigating them and I’m going to start with every attorney general I’m every state! Something g is not right here and they are using COVID-19 as a cover!

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also, some TV stations have a link for news tips & story ideas. Victims can use that avenue as well. Here is KTLA's link (search on google if PP deletes the link). Tell the world about the scams and PP's complicity.

https://ktla.com/about-ktla/contact-us/submit-news-tips-and-story-ideas/

Login to Me Too

Jean0221
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the info
Login to Me Too

Jean0221
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, it should start with PayPal to stop the scammers.
Login to Me Too

Surmust

I think someone who knows how paypal do business is doing fraud and paypal is unable to solve this kind of scam. People should take matter to social media and newspaper too

Login to Me Too

wlentine
Contributor
Contributor

I reported them to BBB - and spread the word over social media.  Now I am trying to close my account and they are telling me i have a charge pending so i cant close it.  I do NOT have a charge pending...

The saga continues!

Login to Me Too

Jean0221
Contributor
Contributor
I got scammed two times; I bought two items from the Facebook marketplace ad and the crooks are keeping my money for one of the items. They sent me a small plastic bowl that is a tad bigger than my coffee cup and what I ordered was a mini shoes washing machine. The bowl cannot even contain one shoe let alone wash it. When I received the bowl, I thought it was something else I had ordered through other shopping platform so I disputed that I didn’t receive the washing machine. The crooks presented the delivery tracking for the bowl so PayPal claims that I received the item and closed the case. I cannot reopen the case anymore. I put in another dispute for the other item I purchased on the same day and I hope PayPal works this out to my favor. If not, there is no protection for the buyers and I will no longer use PayPal.
Login to Me Too

temp20210714c
Contributor
Contributor

I  have been scammed, but it seems to me that pay pal is siding with the scammer. I have to send the junk back to  the address the scammer gave that does not exist.will cost me almost all of my refund to send to China. I don't understand why Pay Pal lets these scammers use paypal.and another thing,are there any humans that work at paypal or is it all run by computers?

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

PP does have humans working at their customer service dept. Reach them via chat (message center), you have to get thru the bot questions to get to a live agent. There is a wait, but that seems to be the only way to reach anybody. Once you get to human, then explain the situation, these scams are widely known and you need to be persistent about your rights. Nevermind they tell you the agreement you signed doesn't cover you, keep at it and argue your point. I was lucky to finally got someone to help me get a refund. Take photos of the worthless items you received. PP will ask you to upload them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.