Dispute

Jrnichols
Contributor
Contributor
Filed a dispute because an online seller used a false tracking number to say something was shipped. I have asked paypal to contact UPS to confirm that the tracking number the seller used was neither sent from the seller nor delivered to my address. They wont even look at it and since the seller put in a tracking number they are denying my dispute. How do I get PayPal to actually verify the seller dudnt actually ship anything?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Jrnichols 

Thanks for posting!

As we ultimately rely on the tracking number provided that shows "Delivered" online, I recommend that you contact UPS and request for something in writing on a their company letterhead or any form of stationary that will prove that the item was not shipped to you. It is not necessary for the document to provide the actual delivery address associated on the tracking, rather than a confirmation that it was not delivered to your actual address as intended. As soon as you have this information available, please contact Customer Service to file an appeal along with this evidence.

To get there, please click Contact near bottom of the PayPal pages. You should be given some options available to get ahold fo a representative.

For reference, please see Can I appeal PayPal’s decision on my case? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Jrnichols
Contributor
Contributor

In theory... that would be a great idea... in practice... UPS is refusing to send me anything. I have contacted them 3 times and they have escalated my request but they say that shipping account information is confidential and they are not allowed to provide information to a party that was not a part of the intended delivery... what SHOULD happen is that PayPal picks up the phone and calls UPS and they can confirm with them it was addressed or delivered to me.  If Paypal had done this from the beginning my case would already be closed and my money refunded. It's such as easy thing for PayPal to do if they truly cared about protecting buyers and sellers......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.