Dispute

Joshualewis164
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer made a purchase from me for over $650 under the name “Elissa” and provided the shipping information for a “Yousef” (this is key information) the items purchased were sandals, 2 purses, and 2 bracelets. These were expensive items. Items were shipped and received on a few different dates as they were separate packages. Each time a package was delivered the buyer contacted and sent pictures to show they liked the items etc! The buyer opened up a dispute today - weeks later and claims that they received a book in one package, used bed sheets in another, a package of dog toys in one, and a phone case in another and then claimed they didn’t receive items they ordered at all. I wrote back in the dispute and provided all the tracking information showing delivered. I also wrote and stated that we had screenshotted messages were items were liked etc. Going back im sitting here wondering how we are going to use this as proof as the person who contacted us for the items is using an account under a woman’s name, but the PayPal account is under a mans name. (It’s the same person - they identify under Elissa - but how do I prove this to PayPal?) Then the buyer claimed we were frauds, scamming people, etc and wasn’t going to reason. They escalated the dispute. It’s clear the person did this to get away with free items! The amount of $650 has drawn my PayPal balance into the negative. We’ve been selling items for a while and have never had this happen with any buyers! We have a good standing on PayPal. We had $180 in the available balance. So there’s now -400 or so left. (I’m not adding the exact number that’s in the negative) My question is What happens if PayPal sides with this insane person? How long do we have to refund this money to the buyer? Or does PayPal cover the refund and then we have to pay PayPal back? So confused on how this works. I mean our entire business will suffer as this is a huge amount of money to lose.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.