Dispute

RahimBen
Contributor
Contributor

I have won a dispute, but my dispute money i didnt get the money?!

and ideas how i get them?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RahimBen

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.
It should automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RahimBen
Contributor
Contributor

the thing is, i didnt have my card connected at the time the dispute was won! so what do i do? did i loose the money or what?

@kernowlass

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hello @RahimBen

Thank you for your post! The information that @kernowlass gave is correct, but it sounds like you could have paid differently. 

Where your refund goes depends on how you paid for the transaction originally. If you paid with a bank or your PayPal balance, the money will go back to your PayPal balance when the refund completes. Since you mentioned that you did not have a card on your account, the refund more than likely returned to your PayPal balance. You will want to login to your PayPal account and check your Activity page to see if the refund cleared and if there were other transactions. 

I hope this helps! 

Callie

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RahimBen

You didn't have your card connected at the time of the refund BUT did you pay using that card as your funding source or not?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RahimBen
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass @PayPal_Callie it says that the dispute has been chosen in your favour, and the transaction has been said to go through but it doesnt show in my paypal balance.... and i didnt use a credit card at the time of the transaction and i didnt have my credit card linked at that time... so i do not know where my money went!?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RahimBen

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will sometimes take from those funds rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.