Dispute

Carwright
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute with a merchant who sent me merchandise I did not order (wrong item sent).  After much back and forth, they are planning to ship me a replacement item which I agreed to.  They are demanding that I close the dispute with PayPal before they ship the replacement item and I am uncomfortable with that.  I am not in possession of the item, just that they plan to ship it.  Am I thinking about this incorrectly and should I close the dispute before receiving the item.  I also tried to locate a phone number to call PayPal but could not find one on the site.  Is anyone aware of a phone number to them.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you close the dispute - you have no leverage over the seller or merchant - if they resolve your issue and you have what you want, then you should close, else - if you close it as they are requesting, you may never hear from them again.

You can call customer service via this page, at the bottom left, click on Call Us, on the next page you can login to your account or there's an option to call as a guest.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you close the dispute - you have no leverage over the seller or merchant - if they resolve your issue and you have what you want, then you should close, else - if you close it as they are requesting, you may never hear from them again.

You can call customer service via this page, at the bottom left, click on Call Us, on the next page you can login to your account or there's an option to call as a guest.

Login to Me Too

Carwright
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so very much for your response.  It was really helpful and I have opened a claim with PayPal.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.