Dispute with paypal

CATQ
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone advise me. I bought earrings via eBay from the USA upon recent they were not what had been described therefore I raised a dispute and notified eBay and the seller. The seller replied and asked me to return them to a USA address. I did this via Royal Mail using their tracking service. The item was received and signed for by the seller. The proof of delivery was given to PayPal with tracking information, copy of email from the seller confirming address the earrings were to be returned. I also gave PayPal confirmation from Royal Mail that the item was delivered to the seller.  I spoke with a couple of Paypal agents via the telephone over the past 10 days chasing the refunded where they say this sits with their back office and they will be touch. I am absolutely astounded that PayPal has closed the claim in favour of the seller. Where do I go from here can anyone advise in the forum?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CATQ 

Well if the seller isn't disputing anything then just ask them to refund you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CATQ 

Wait, so did you provide the actual "tracking number" of the return to PayPal and not track it yourself and provide the results to PayPal? Because how can they fail to rule in your favor. What was the reason for denying your claim? Could it have something to do with the return shipping address, I wonder. Or, did the seller contested the returned items to PayPal. Hmmm.

And the reps are probably right, that their back office will have review the appeal if you sent in one and have to wait for the outcome.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CATQ
Contributor
Contributor

I supplied PayPal with everything proof of address that the sender gave me to return the item to proof of return via Royal Mail , tracking number and proof from Royal Mail that the item was received with date and time what more can I give them. This is very stressful!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CATQ 

Did you open an Ebay dispute OR a Paypal dispute (they work differently).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CATQ
Contributor
Contributor

Both - eBay closed the dispute as PayPal we’re dealing with the dispute. Spoke with a PayPal agent Chris yesterday and he sent me a link to attach a picture of the certificate of postage as apparently the email address I was given on Friday via a PayPal agent was to send my evidence /attachments via an email that was given however I have since found out that they cannot open attachments to this web address yet the agent told me to do exactly that last Friday which I did. On Sunday i get an email from PayPal to say that my case was closed and in favour of the seller. I phoned PayPal yet again yesterday to try and understand what the hell was going on. The agent I spoke to Chris was very understanding and hopefully now the dispute will be upheld in my favour. OMG the stress

Login to Me Too

CATQ
Contributor
Contributor

No the seller is not disputing return of the goods

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CATQ 

Well if the seller isn't disputing anything then just ask them to refund you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.