Dispute with incorrect item sent from "Highlife Technology Ltd. "

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute with incorrect item sent from Highlife Technology Ltd. How can anything be found in my favour, when it is going to cost $20.80 to send a scam $5 backup camera back to China so I can get a refund for the non-supplied expensive one still being advertised <Removed>This punishes me and doesn't stop the seller continuing to scam people by offering an expensive item and then sending some cheap rubbish instead! Why do I have to pay for the fraud inflicted on me and so many other PayPal customers? PayPal is not being helpful at all. Weasel words saying "This case has been decided in your favour" when it has not!!!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

djeviled
Contributor
Contributor
I just dont understand how they allow so many complaints against 1 company and dont take action....I feel UF we class actions then they might correct the issue.
Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Class action against a Chinese fake company! Which court do you think you could use? PayPal would claim "acting in good faith" as an intermediary, they are not the merchant.

Login to Me Too

DavidLaval
Contributor
Contributor

Really horrible company. Liars and swindlers.

They want only your money. I hate this destroyers of trust on the internet. 

The disgusting thing is that the buyers protection at PayPal is very scanty and it seems that the seller is more protected.

Does anyone know if there is a reporting point for fraudsters on the internet?

Highlife Technology needs to be STOPPED selling this on the net 

Login to Me Too

Mmcglynn
Contributor
Contributor
Call PayPal! (search online for phone numbers) keep calling until one of the reps offer to refund without sending items back. Explain that the return policy for the company states no need for return shipping on items under $70. I did and got my $$ back. Ask PayPal to investigate highlife Technologies due to multiple complaints listed here in this community. Explain that you use PayPal to protect from this sort of fraud and if they won't help, then you won't be using their services anymore.
Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did you have any success yourself? I got nothing out of them except lies such as "the seller has refunded" so the case is closed. Paypal is a defacto Chinese agent now with the Baidu agreement, so I won't be holding my breath waiting for action against Chinese crooks.

@Mmcglynn wrote:
Call PayPal! (search online for phone numbers) keep calling until one of the reps offer to refund without sending items back. Explain that the return policy for the company states no need for return shipping on items under $70. I did and got my $$ back. Ask PayPal to investigate highlife Technologies due to multiple complaints listed here in this community. Explain that you use PayPal to protect from this sort of fraud and if they won't help, then you won't be using their services anymore.

Login to Me Too

PaulGhz

I ordered 2 1080p door bell cameras and I got 2 720p cameras instead. I wanted 1080p not 720p, I paid extra for that! otherwise I would have never ordered to begin with! I have contacted seller number of times but seller has not responded. I  now know this company is scamming everyone. They purposely sent me the wrong items so I'll be stuck with them and not be able to send the camera's back to China as shipping costs are high. They got me for $125. Lets see what PayPal does for me.

Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the definition of bait and switch by these "Lowlife"! The items sent probably can be bought on eBay for the same price as return postage, so it is not worth wasting the money sending them back. PayPal will say that they find the claim in your favour but require you to return the item to a fake address. That way you will have done both your postage and the initial purchase cost! When you say that the address is fake, they will say that the seller has provided a refund, so the case is closed! You will have to put it down to experience. I will never buy from China direct again using PayPal, but eBay sellers seem to have a good track record. It is about time PayPal withdrew support for Highlife Technology Ltd and struck them off their sellers list! Along with the 140 internet names associated with their IP address!

@PaulGhz wrote:

I ordered 2 1080p door bell cameras and I got 2 720p cameras instead. I wanted 1080p not 720p, I paid extra for that! otherwise I would have never ordered to begin with! I have contacted seller number of times but seller has not responded. I  now know this company is scamming everyone. They purposely sent me the wrong items so I'll be stuck with them and not be able to send the camera's back to China as shipping costs are high. They got me for $125. Lets see what PayPal does for me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.