Dispute with incorrect item sent from "Highlife Technology Ltd. "

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute with incorrect item sent from Highlife Technology Ltd. How can anything be found in my favour, when it is going to cost $20.80 to send a scam $5 backup camera back to China so I can get a refund for the non-supplied expensive one still being advertised <Removed>This punishes me and doesn't stop the seller continuing to scam people by offering an expensive item and then sending some cheap rubbish instead! Why do I have to pay for the fraud inflicted on me and so many other PayPal customers? PayPal is not being helpful at all. Weasel words saying "This case has been decided in your favour" when it has not!!!

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Almurrie2 wrote:

Dispute with incorrect item sent from Highlife Technology Ltd. How can anything be found in my favour, when it is going to cost $20.80 to send a scam $5 backup camera back to China so I can get a refund for the non-supplied expensive one still being advertised

https://tlike.store/products/vehicle-backup-camera-esky-rear-view-camera-waterproof-high-definition-...

This punishes me and doesn't stop the seller continuing to scam people by offering an expensive item and then sending some cheap rubbish instead! Why do I have to pay for the fraud inflicted on me and so many other PayPal customers? PayPal is not being helpful at all. Weasel words saying "This case has been decided in your favour" when it has not!!!

Google "PayPal Return Shipping" so you can register your account to get your return shipping costs reimbursed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Seems the address I am supposed to return it to is a fake from posts on this. I am not willing to risk $20.80 to send this $5 item back. The seller will never acknowledge the return, I will not get a refund, and China tracking is hopeless, so I will probably not even get a return postage claim processed. I am beginning to feel that I will not be using PayPal for purchases from China again.

Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Further to this, now PayPal has found in favour of the seller because the seller provided a refund. This is just a lie, because no refund was provided at all. DO NOT USE PAYPAL, use a credit card that you can get the payment reversed when fraud occurs. PAYPAL IS SUPPORTING FRAUD. HIGHLIFE and TLIKE.STORE are bait and switch Chinese scam sites, supported by PayPal. They supply fake return addresses and PayPal does nothing about that. Do not use PayPal!

Login to Me Too

MARLENNY
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Reading your post...  I'm scared, I used paypal because of the buyer protection. I have the same problem and today I realised that the address is fake. I won't send back the item because I will lose my money. Hope Paypal solve this issue against those thieves. 

Login to Me Too

mn12345

We are experiencing same but worse with Wenyehui Orderplus international. They sent a $8/piece instead of our actual order$39.

return shipping is more than the covered $30 by PayPal. The company immediately said it’s too expensive to return. Offered $24. I opened a claim and PayPal is giving me 5 days to return it to China at my expense. PayPal coverage is a scam.

Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

Only works if there is a complete and non fake return address. How do you get postage paid when it never arrives at the destination!

Login to Me Too

Jimmy5wood
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal just plays into their hands, I asked for a partial refund, as the item is usable, but not the item advertised. They willingly offer a refund knowing it would cost the purchaser nearly as much or more than the item is worth, to send it back. Wake up to these scams, Paypal or you will lose kudos in the community.
Login to Me Too

Almurrie2
Contributor
Contributor

@Jimmy5wood wrote:
PayPal just plays into their hands, I asked for a partial refund, as the item is usable, but not the item advertised. They willingly offer a refund knowing it would cost the purchaser nearly as much or more than the item is worth, to send it back. Wake up to these scams, Paypal or you will lose kudos in the community.

Last year, PayPal entered into a partnership with Chinese search leader Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU). This strategic alliance allowed 100 million Baidu Wallet users to link their accounts to PayPal, letting them pay for goods purchased outside China, giving them access to the 17 million merchants that accept PayPal.Mar 26, 2018

So PayPal is a defacto tool of China now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Almurrie2

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.