Dispute with Beautiful Halo Case ID: PP-D-59058992

RobertU1
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 5 items on January 23rd, and opened a dispute because items had not arrived 8 weeks later, requesting a refund.

Today, April 11th, Paypal have sent a message stating that the situation is under review, having now received the Company's response.

"What happens next?

We'll get back to you soon with a decision or reach out to you for more information."

There seems to be no way to respond to Paypal.  I need to update information, because its been such a long period of time.  A few items arrived, but not all.

In essence, I paid £176.90 from Beautiful Halo.

I've received 

1 item  (collected from Royal mail sorting office)  £39.49

1 item  (collected from Royal mail sorting office)  £18.87         (I'd ordered 3 of these items.  Only 1 arrived.  Useless as a single unit.

I havent received:

1 item  £48.58   (5 light LED pendant lighting in vintage brass.

2 of the 3   £37.74  (wall lights)

Their invoice shows shipping insurance £4.02, and postage costs of £28.19

The company today,  (11th April) finally responded with 3 Royal Mail tracking numbers.  2 tracking numbers show that I collected from the sorting office, as indicated above.  1 tracking number shows delivery.  It wasnt received.

I ordered 5 items.  2 have arrived.....3 months have now passed.  The company have responded to paypal with tracking numbers that show that those items are not in transit.  No other items are going to be delivered.  3 of the 5 items have not been sent, or have been lost....

I feel that I should receive a refund for that items that I haven't received.  I ordered them nearly 3 months ago.  Too long to wait.  The wall light that I received is also useless on its own. I ordered 3 of them, and I received 1 of them.  They are £18.87 each.  Forgetting this issue, and just considering the cost of items not received:

Total value of items not received is £86.32.

I feel I deserve a refund of £86.32

A refund of the shipping insurance of £4.02

A partial refund of the shipping cost £28.19

How do I add this information to my dispute case, before Paypal make a decision??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

LinkedinM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @RobertU1 

Wow its being going on a while for you hasn't it. Not everyone would be so patient with a seller. 

If you've received an email asking for more information, about your dispute or claim, you can upload that to the resolution Centre. If you don't see an 'upload' option in the Resolution Centre then you won't be able to perform an upload for now and will have to wait until the case is being reviewed and supplied then. 

PayPal will work with you to get this resolved but it might be a few more days unfortunately.

***If this or any other posts were of use please mark resolved and Kudos is appreciated***

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

LinkedinM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @RobertU1 

Wow its being going on a while for you hasn't it. Not everyone would be so patient with a seller. 

If you've received an email asking for more information, about your dispute or claim, you can upload that to the resolution Centre. If you don't see an 'upload' option in the Resolution Centre then you won't be able to perform an upload for now and will have to wait until the case is being reviewed and supplied then. 

PayPal will work with you to get this resolved but it might be a few more days unfortunately.

***If this or any other posts were of use please mark resolved and Kudos is appreciated***

Login to Me Too

mbroderick1
New Community Member
Beautiful halo have scammed 1000s of customers. I am one of them and i hope paypal get me my money back
Login to Me Too

HUFhaus
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
so why do PayPal continue to allow these scam sites to use their transactions. You must know by now as hundreds of complaints to yourselves about them? why are Paypal not protecting their customers better. Makes me want to go back to mastercard only or stick to amazon.
Login to Me Too

RobertU1
Contributor
Contributor
Fully agree. I received no refund at all. The PayPal claim process is frustrating and process automated. It was an uphill struggle from the beginning that culminated in PayPal not refunding until I had opened a case with the Police for parcels not arriving......I even showed PayPal an emailed response from Beautiful Halo that stated that they were under no obligation to receive returns, and that if I returned the items I would not be refunded. I guess this was due to their third party sellers and China location. The name 'Beautiful Halo' and their website implied a good quality American business. The conclusion is that it's Chinese. The products are all from China, and any communication is with Chinese that struggle to write in English. Conclusion: avoid this company
Login to Me Too

HUFhaus
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Robert

sadly after 20 years it’s avoid PayPal too, noe for me. The customer service is non existent. They are not abiding by the distinct sellers act or protecting their customers.

they are fully aware of this sites scams and the other LITFAD company & many others. There are hundreds of complaints on trustpilot stating complaints to PayPal’s &  lack of support.

Knowing all this ,they facilitate & continue to allow these scammers sites to flourish , using their transaction software. They take endless commissions.  therefore they are part of the scam themselves.

Paypal have lost their way, their is no company governance.

i will be closing account, sticking with MasterCard ( who are brilliant at support) and looking elsewhere if they do not support me. 

Login to Me Too

Mohamed786
Whatever
Login to Me Too

Mohamed786
What is my PayPal account number how do watch
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.