Dispute unresolved

DannSheridan
New Community Member

I had a transaction with a friend in January of this year and everything went smooth, (both sides are happy). Five months later out of the blue i get notice that a claim was filed against me that i did not refund the  person the amount of the transaction. my friend says he never filed a claim, Paypal says it was filed by the bank. i spoke with my friend and he contacted his bank and they are adamant that there is no-issue on their end and that the issue lies with PayPal and that they have noticed PayPal as such. My friend even contacted PayPal and let them know it was in error, but when i call PayPal they say there is nothing they can do and they say if the bank responds the issue will resolve quickly. 

Im at a loss, it seems that on this end both parties have insisted there is no issue we both have responded but PayPal continues to hold my funds and will not release them until they get a response which has been done. the PayPal representative are not helpful and only continue to repeat the same response over and over and it is a battle just to get them to pass me to a supervisor and when they do it is the same thing. (nothing will happen till the bank responds)

Has anyone has a similar incident? is there anyone we can contact aside from th[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]number were they are of no help?

Sincerely

Please Help!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.