Dispute saga

Waleed10
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute about a mobile phone that I have bought and within 3 months it is completely dead. Firstly, I tried to get in touch with the seller through eBay but there was no response and I started a dispute through PayPal on 18/10/2018 which where my nightmare started, after the dispute was escalated due to the seller not replying.

The item was posted from a UK address but PayPal asked to send it back to China, the return address looked short so I asked PayPal to please verify the return address with the seller and preferably to provide a UK return address. I received a reply saying to send it back to the same address and once I have provided a tracking number the 22nd of NOV was set as a resolution date. 

On the 16th of Nov, my fear came true and the Chinese post determined that the address details were incomplete and the item scanned to be returned to sender. For some reason, PayPal does not want to resolve this case and somehow indicating as the item somehow will reach the seller ‘s address.

After few questioning to the PayPal advisor, they have confirmed over the phone that the seller never responded to them about the dispute, verifying the return address and they have provided an address on their record to return the item.

PayPal even can’t comprehend why Royal Mail doesn’t provide that international signed for service doesn’t provide tracking service once the item leaves the UK so in order to get further tracking info you need to use international tracking sites, but they were not willing or not able to translate the page because they have no access to Google Chrome, this was a reply from on-duty manager on the day.   

Tracking number https://track.aftership.com/china-post/RU823249155GB

I am still waiting on failed promises on 3 occasions by PayPal to resolve this and I am at my wit's end.

If you kindly tell me how to proceed from her as every time I try to speak to PayPal the first thing they try is to avoid taking ownership and try to put it on the “Back office” team which a manager has submitted a ticket with a promise I would get a response within 31 hours, this was on 28/11/2018 at 20:16 and as you can tell I have yet to receive a response.

Now not only I have lost hope on the buyer protection promoted by PayPal but they rubbed salt on the wound by asking to post an item to an address they weren’t even sure it was valid and I had to bear the posting fees as well.

P.S The seller is still trading on eBay and is accepting PayPal payments.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.