Dispute, return ALL items for refund, but only one is faulty

Word-Soup
Contributor
Contributor

Help. I bought kitchen items including a bar table and two stools from Argos. One of the stools could not be put together as one of the wooden parts was over an inch too short. I have spoken to the retailer and  asked the retailer for a replacement wooden part. They say it is not in stock, but will be, or might be, in a month. This process was followed and despite showing as in stock at some stores they are refusing to open a box and replace the faulty item.

After a few attempts via the retailer I opened a case and escalated it. Now I am being as to return ALL items in the order for a full refund. All I want is the faulty item replaced. 

What do I do? I can’t send all the items back. Any advice? I only have a few days according to the dispute to do something, ie send tracking details of the return. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Word-Soup 

The dispute phase is for sorting part returns or refunds between buyer and seller.

Once escalated to a claim the ONLY option paypal gives you is for a full refund on return of what you received back to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.