Dispute response Message "add the tracking information or upload a file"

xtonehari
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

I am a eBay seller and responding to a dispute opened by the buyer.

In the resolution centre, I click the respond button and fill in the message and select my address, and when I try to click Submit button, I get a error message as "You must add the tracking information or upload a file."

However, I upload a .gif photo of the item relating to the case and click Submit button, but still I get the same above error message.

There is no field/provision to provide Tracking number when I am responding to this case. I tried all possibilities but I cannot get rid of this error message.

If any one of you had similar experience, please share your throughts and advise.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

toxic4991
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this exact issue for the last 2 days. I have the same experience on both my desktop and my phone.

Login to Me Too

mlewis50
Contributor
Contributor

Did you manage to solve this??

Login to Me Too

xtonehari
Contributor
Contributor

No solution as of yet. 

I emailed Paypal customer service with this error message but no response.

If you have to reply to the dispute message and cannot due to this error, email your response to Paypal customer service and tell them to include your response to the case. Mention your case ID and transaction ID, so you do not miss the deadline if there is one.

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @xtonehari

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

Please try to clear your cache and cookies, reboot device and attempt to add attempt to add the evidence you have. 

If that will still not work, please attempt to add the tracking details using the transaction details of the payment they disputed. Here's how to Add tracking in the transaction details. If  the upload docs button is not showing, please add it using this upload docs link.

I hope this helps! 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

xtonehari
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @WarrenPink 

I have tried that and it did not work.

I cannot attach a screenshot to this post to show what is happening.

When I click respond to a case, I get
1) How would you like to respond?

1.1) I select, I disagree with the claim. I'd like to submit additional information

2) In the Box/Field (where it shows 'you can add any supporting details that may be helpful') I enter my response why I disagree with the buyer's request. I also tried just by entering the word Tracking with tacking number.

3) Select a Address field: I select my address

4) Browse Files: I added a jpeg file.

5) Submit: I click submit button and I get the error message.

Login to Me Too

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@xtonehari

I sincerely apologize about that. I need to check this out with our Engineering team if there's any on going issue with our resolution center. For the meantime, Please reach out with our Customer Service, click "Help" in the PayPal Website or choose "Contact Us" on the bottom of PayPal page. I'll post in this thread for any update i could get to help you.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

mlewis50
Contributor
Contributor
I have the exact same issue. Tried all kinds inuding the steps you outlined. Its weird for me as I don't have tracking info. The sale was back in January! Is there an option to state no tracking? The buyer early received the item.
Login to Me Too

Superbeck
New Community Member
I am having alot of trouble providing additional info on a dispute that closes tomorrow! It will not let me respond or upload any info! What am I supposed to do. I have been trying since I was notified that I needed to. I have tried calling,emailing,researching help info and text massaging paypal. AND GOT NO HELP. I am not even getting the option to add additional info. It just wants me to upload tracking info that i dont have bc im not paying $60 to return something that cost $96 and I didnt even recieve 1 out of 3 products. Im not getting any other choice but to lose my case and its not right!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.