Dispute resolved unfairly in sellers favor

Diva1437
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a dress from Bjsbridal on 11/11/2019. I never received confirmation of the order. Money was removed from my account. On 11/25 I contacted the seller to find out if the dress was on the way. On 11/27 i received a tracking number but the dress had still not shipped. On 11/30 I checked the tracking number. The dress had still not shipped and i realized it would never make it here by 12/8 when I needed it. So i asked Bjsbridal to cancel my order for this reason. I never received a message back. On 12/9 I opened a dispute with Paypal. On 12/13 it was closed in favour of the seller stating that i have recieved the item but as of 12/14 I still have not recieved the dress. The event I needed the dress for was on 12/8. I am very unsatisfied with the outcome and will be sharing my story on social media. I have saved all correspondence with both Bjsbridal and Paypal. I used Paypal because i knew that you usually did the right thing but I will cease using you next time I make a purchase.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diva1437 

ok but as this is not paypal then if you want actual advice come back and ask.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Diva1437
Contributor
Contributor
I was so angry and I kept trying to send this to PayPal. I kept getting an error repeatedly. I am guessing because the dispute is already closed it would not let me start a new one. Out of anger I posted it here. So the question is how do I get a refund for an item I never received if PayPal settled the dispute in the sellers favor?
Login to Me Too

kkmoturi
Contributor
Contributor
The only reason I use PayPal is for buyer protection in case of fraud but It looks like PayPal is encouraging this behavior without validating what is right. I bought a bike from this seller in Florida his name is Fernando Hernandez. I bought this bike on May 19th 2020 This guy sent me a tracking number that says the item was delivered on April 27th 2020. How is that possible? How can he deliver before I even ordered the item? PayPal rules the dispute in the seller favor just because their system only checks for tracking number it does not validate if that is correct or not. A company like PayPal should have some shame in promoting this kind of behavior. I am never going to use PayPal anymore.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.