Dispute resolution procedures

Doug_70

I ordered two battery powered electric pruners.

What arrived was two cheap manual pruning shears worth about AU$3 each.

At first the seller tried to maintain that I had received what I had ordered, but the receipt they sent me plus the PayPal statement specified two battery powered electric pruners. Then they offered to refund a small part of the purchase price. I offered to accept what I had paid minus the cost of the two cheap manual pruning shears. They would not refund anywhere near that.
I registered a dispute with PayPal. Despite me proving that what arrived (and the seller admitting what arrived was as I stated), PayPal would not process a refund. They DEMANDED that I return the goods - at my expense, to a different address than the company supplied, while I am under lockdown and not permitted to home except for essential reasons as listed by the government - in order to get a refund. Due to the difference in addresses, my inability to visit post offices plus my reluctance to pay good money after bad (after all, the company had already committed a fraud on me and what was to prevent them doing so a second time), I didn't do anything. The current fine for breaking lockdown is over AU$5000.
PayPal then notified me that the dispute was closed in favour of the seller as I had not provided tracking details. I have been unable to reply to them relating to this.
In reading other correspondence, this particular fraud has been known before. I don't understand why PayPal continues to support fraud even while proclaiming it is fair and protects all parties!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.