Dispute resolution - no way to contact PayPal

mariner8381
Contributor
Contributor

I currently have a dispute ongoing on an order and only have 5 days left in the time period allowed by PayPal. The claim has been escalated and I can no longer contact PayPal through the Resolution Centre. The seller has sent a tracking number that shows the shipment data has been received by the shipping company but it doesn't show that the parcel has actually been received or dispatched. This hasn't changed in almost a month. I'm worried that the shipper will use this information as a stalling tactic and PayPal will use this to decide in the Sellers's favour without actually looking at the shipping details. How can I contact PayPal with this information? I am located in Australia.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariner8381 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Boycotchange
New Community Member
After PayPay gives you intructions on how to file your dispute they will not answer until you provide the evidence requested by email. Try that and good luck.
Login to Me Too

mariner8381
Contributor
Contributor

I have done that but there is no way to attach a screen shot of the carrier's page. The seller has supplied the shipment ID but this doesn't show any tracking information so there is no proof that the parcel has in fact been posted.

Login to Me Too

Boycotchange
New Community Member
Some scanners print the shipping label but never actually ship the item. Thus no tracking information because it was never actually picked up or dropped off by a shipping company or mail carrier.
Login to Me Too

mariner8381
Contributor
Contributor

That's exactly my concern! I feel the seller's site is actually a scam from the feedback and other reports on the page and I will never get my goods but because he has provided shipping documentation PayPal will take this as "it must be OK - Seller has provided shipping ID" and as there is only 5 more days until the claim time expires I won't be able to get my money back. It's not like it's only $10 - I'm talking $150 AU that I will be out of pocket.

Login to Me Too

1unhappydude
New Community Member

somehow or another paypal did not recieve my  duspute and now they say i did not file inm time so i lost my 97.00 dollars  i hate paypals system... it is ok for a seller to rip us off..paypal sucks!!!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariner8381 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mariner8381
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I will try that.

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if tracking does not show delivered to your shipping address,the seller would not win the dispute.

just wait for the outcome,if you lose,appeal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mariner8381 

Your welcome, good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.