Dispute resolution delays

ceilteachsw
New Community Member

Hi all. The date by which my dispute is due to be resolved keeps being put back (with no contact from Paypal or the seller). does anyone know if there are time limtis by which Paypal have to resolve a dispute? I've had this issue for a while now, and can't seem to contact paypal directly to follow up the status of the case.  

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ceilteachsw 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

philicus66
Contributor
Contributor

Please DO NOT contact PayPal customer service. You will get absolutely nowhere with them. They do not care. All they will do is give you silly excuses to further delay resolution of your case. They will not help you or resolve anything! Tracking for my package has not been updated in more than 2 weeks. I talked to one of those idiot customer service reps (named Kate). I explained to her that Canada Post told me my package is lost and that there is no justification for further delays in resolving my claim. What did that dingbat tell me? "Please wait a bit longer". Hello??? My package of lost! It is NOT going to show up!

If you contact PayPal customer service, do so at your own risk. You will only be wasting your time and you will get nowhere!

Login to Me Too

Darrenp3
Contributor
Contributor
Mine keeps being put back too, didn’t receive goods and the seller admits it but still PayPal keep putting date back, been over a month now. Contacted them and have had stupid responses but never answering why the put the dates back, maybe they should spend less time changing dates and more time refunding . Buyer protection, there is none
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darrenp3 

Sadly paypal are inundated with claims at the moment from users that have bought from these China web sites or Social Media ads so all claims are being pushed back from the posts we are seeing on here.

Think you must just wait it out, just make sure you have opened the correct dispute / escalated it to a claim and if the item arrives so the dispute is then the wrong one come back for advice on how to change it UNLESS you can see an option to change it to one of received but not as described in the resolution centre.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

G7HUP
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same situation where the date keeps being pushed back and no way of speaking to anyone now. Extremely frustrating!, so I'm not using Paypal to pay for anything else and using Credit card directly until this situation is resolved. Tempted to contact Credit Card company now if Paypal resolution centre does not sort situation soon.  Feeling let down by Paypal protection promise! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.