Dispute resolution centre is unprofessional

Rosejohn
Contributor
Contributor

I bought 2 bags and when they arrived they were nothing like advertised. I complained and PayPal suggested opening a dispute. I sent photographs to show the differences but PayPal never acknowledged it. I called <removed> at least 5 times everyday but as soon as I press I to speak to a customer service officer the phone is disconnected

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rosejohn 

Have you escalated the dispute to a claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rosejohn
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have. Today another customer service officer told me he’d lodge an appeal and just now I received the same rejection letter. They refuse to look at the pictures or let me speak to a manager.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rosejohn 

Photos are meaningless as you can take a photo of a completely different item and say its the one you received so that is why they are not bothered to look at photos.

The item has to be significantly other than described so if you bought a bag and received a bag then its really between you and the seller now as paypal has made a judgement call in favour of the seller.

You still have the right to any legal redress via the small claims court (if thats an option in your country) OR if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then your card issuer may help you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.