Dispute regarding un-used digital item?

ixenroh
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to open a dispute regarding an un-used digital item purchased through PayPal if the seller refuses to provide a refund?..

I am in a circumstance where I can prove that the item is not used and unclaimed. The purchase was accidental.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mindgem
Contributor
Contributor

If you have proof than go ahead and dispute it.

In general Paypal will give you the win if you've used a third party with record of the file never being accessed/downloaded.

But if the records shows that it was delivered in anyway and recieved the seller will most likely win due to the workload put out even if it's automated.

I had a store, buyers made disputes as soon as they got the digital products and won (they put it in system), so they got the product for free.

I started to use a third party and all claims has been declined since.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

mindgem
Contributor
Contributor

If you have proof than go ahead and dispute it.

In general Paypal will give you the win if you've used a third party with record of the file never being accessed/downloaded.

But if the records shows that it was delivered in anyway and recieved the seller will most likely win due to the workload put out even if it's automated.

I had a store, buyers made disputes as soon as they got the digital products and won (they put it in system), so they got the product for free.

I started to use a third party and all claims has been declined since.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.