Dispute payment declined.

Hchy65
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all I purchased some fishing reels online and the supplier sent me completely wrong goods. I opened a dispute and returned the goods at my expense and provided proof of return, the return was accorded the return freight supplement by Paypal of $45 which I have received.....the return is still in transit, presumably due to Covid19 delays and now Paypal have closed my case and refused to compensate me the $367.67USD stating that I failed to provide proof of return......I reopened the dispute and they declined it again...Paypal are very hard/almost impossible to get through to....what can I do...? Case details below... Significantly different to how it was described – claimCASE CLOSED Case ID: PP-D-83044201 The case was closed in the seller's favour as the proof of return you provided was invalid.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

xavier-2003
Contributor
Contributor

I had a "Not as described" case abruptly denied and closed recently, with a  "Unfortunately, we had to deny your claim(s). The decision was made because we did not receive a response from you with supporting details for the case." 

Paypal only asked for proof of the shipping being sent, which I did by uploading the postage label PDF file and the tracking number which was contained in the PDF anyway. The case took so long, the parcel actually reached the seller in China before the case was closed. 

When I made contact via Twitter DM, my case was reviewed again and correctly resolved , no questions asked.

I still don't know what I did wrong if anything.

What type of postage did you use?

Login to Me Too

Hchy65
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Xavier, thankyou for your . I used Aussie Post int'l tracked postage and also uploaded pdf and tracking numbers. Paypal have also refunded me$45 out of the $64/5 that it cost. The goods are still scanning in transit, In Chinese customs, presumably delayed due to Covid19. I have escalated via their messaging centre and fingers crossed they resolve the issue as they did yours.Really appreciative to learn that I'm not the only person this has happened to. Cheers Hchy65
Login to Me Too

Hchy65
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Xavier, thankyou for your reply. I used Aussie Post int'l tracked postage and also uploaded pdf and tracking numbers. Paypal have also refunded me$45 out of the $64/5 that it cost. The goods are still scanning in transit, In Chinese customs, presumably delayed due to Covid19. I have escalated via their messaging centre and fingers crossed they resolve the issue as they did yours.Really appreciative to learn that I'm not the only person this has happened to. Cheers Hchy65
Login to Me Too

Ram64892
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same issue - how did you manage to escalate to paypal? I don't see an option to re-open or appeal the case. Also don't see an option to contact Paypal directly

Login to Me Too

xavier-2003
Contributor
Contributor

At the bottom of any page while you are logged into your Paypal account, there is "Contact us" link. Click on it.

At the bottom of the following page, I see 2 "Message us" links. Clicking one will open a chat session.

I cant remember the details, I remember having to play with the Help Bot until I figured out the correct responses

to be put in a queue to chat to Support.

At the time I was stuck in the queue for days without a response and gave up. I expect that it would be better now.

I got a quick response via Twitter. Login to Twitter. Click on "Messaging", then search for "Paypal Support" 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.