Case history

ITEM COST : 45 EURO

SHIPPING : FREE FROM SELLER

ITEMS ARRIVED : DEAD ON ARRIVAL

DISPUTE RAISED

PAYPAL SUGGESTION : SEND THE ITEMS BACK TO SELLER

RETURN SHIPPING COST : 70 EURO

CLAIM CLOSED IN FAVOR OF SELLER

Should the buyer accept this decision from paypal ?

Thanks in advance for your time

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HCI_77 

Guess so because if you read up on the small section on buyer protection in their user agreement it says.........

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-to-return-a-paypal-purchase-faq3...
You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HCI_77 

Guess so because if you read up on the small section on buyer protection in their user agreement it says.........

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/article/can-i-get-free-shipping-to-return-a-paypal-purchase-faq3...
You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.