Dispute on bespoke item-seller agreed to replacement but wont arrive in time-close claim or escalate

spudette64
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order for some bespoke items at the end of May together with a couple of items that had been listed on the sellers website thinking they were in stock.

One item apparently wasn't in stock and was only made aware of this when I chased the order a month later.

Was promised a date for despatch and again the goods didn't arrive.

I opened a paypal claim and the bulk of the order was then despatched with the other out of stock item following a few days later.

However one of the bespoke items is not quite what I wanted and although the seller has said they will replace the item it will take another 2 weeks to arrive.  Potentially this item will arrive after the Paypal's time limit to either close or escalate the claim.

I'm in a bit unsure what to do. If I close the claim I could potentially end up without the item I wanted if the seller doesnt send the replacement or do I escalate?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Drew

Hi @spudette64

That is a great question! Thanks for reaching out to the community. 

If you let the dispute time out, we are unable to pursue the claim any further. My recommendation would be to escalate the claim. It gives the seller 10 days to respond to our request for information which would extend your time a little. However, if we make a decision, we will ask you to return the item for a full refund. If the seller is still willing to send the additional item, you can cancel the claim at any time. 

I hope this helps!

Drew

Login to Me Too

spudette64
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your reply Drew.

Not sure the seller will want some of the goods back because they are bespoke too so of no use to them and couldn’t be resold.

Hopefully the replacement item will turn up either today or tomorrow!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.