Dispute not resolved by PayPal

Chelsea230
Contributor
Contributor

Back in June 2020 I ordered 3 puzzles from a website and paid through PayPal.  I tried to go to the website where I ordered the puzzles to contact the seller, the website no longer exists.  I opened a dispute with PayPal on July 2nd telling them that I never received my 3 items and had no way to contact seller.  In sent a message to PayPal asking for the status of my dispute. I got a message that they received enough valid documents from the merchant and I was told to check with the shipping company, they gave me a tracking #. I checked on the shipping company website, it showed that the package was sent, but I never received it.  I sent PayPal all my documentation even including the tracking information from the shipping company. I finally got a package of puzzles (the return address was completely different from the company I originally ordered from).  There was 3 boxes of identical puzzles and it wasn't any of the puzzles I ordered.  My dispute was changed from Item Not Received to Not as Described.  I was told that the representative was sending an email directly to the seller.  If the seller responded, I could return the puzzles (shipping free), and then I would receive a refund.   I told the rep that I wouldn't return the items until I got a guarantee that I would get a full refund. I never hear anything back from the seller, however, PayPal sent a message that stated "we are sorry for the inconvenience caused by buyer. we would like to refund $29.40 (50% refund) as compensation and the buyer (me) can keep the items.  Well I messaged them today that I will not accept a partial refund. I am now awaiting a response to that.  Never again will I buy anything from an overseas company.  Has anyone else ever filed a dispute that was never rectified?  If so how did you fight it?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.