Dispute mistake

Bondix14
Contributor
Contributor
I recently started a dispute after not receiving a product I purchased. I accidentally selected the option unauthorised action although in the notes I explained that I had paid for something I haven’t received. PayPal have closed the dispute because it obviously was authorised but now I can’t open a dispute under the correct reason which is refund? Can anybody help?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bondix14 

An unauthorised transaction means that your Paypal account was hacked and used without your consent.
If Paypal check IP addresses / devices etc and find that it was not hacked then yes it would of course be closed.

You are allowed x1 dispute per transaction.

Your only options are...........

1. Contact customer services and see if they will open the correct dispute for you (they may or may not do this as you have already used up your one dispute but worth asking).

2. If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bondix14
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the help, it was a genuine mistake clear to see, the description read something like ‘I have purchased a item I haven’t received and the seller is refusing to give me a refund’. Just new to the pay pal stuff so didn’t really know what I was doing will have to call them tomorrow as it wasn’t a credit card either! Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.