Dispute lost but I have a genuine complaint?

tonbonrob
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I brought a'snap on smile' from a seller, it cost $27.00(inc postage) so it was not a cheap product, Minimal expectations would be that they did what they were advertised to do.

I emailed seller who said that the specifications were the same as what they had put on website, so were not interested.  I took it to PayPal resolution center, who went with the seller.  I appealed and sent through photos only to be told decision was upheld.  

I would like to know where I can go with this as the product arrived with no instructions and they are unusable.  If I had paid a couple of pounds I would have said you get what you pay for, but this is over twenty.  I am sure I am not the only person who has been fooled by this.  Any advice would be greatly received.  Thanking you in advance.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

jdmagsjune
New Community Member

I filed a complaint with the resolution center regarding 3 fraudulent charges on my account. Paypal denied my complaint stating that the culprit was friendly since it was a family member. I do not agree with the decision since the family member is not listed in my account and she's an adult being already 20 years old. Do I refile the cases? Why is it that my claims were denied since I still did not authorize those charges? I don't think those decisions were fair. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @tonbonrob,

I'm sorry to hear that you received something that came without instructions. The determination about whether or not something is Significantly Not As Described is a tough one. If the item is as it was advertised, the case would not be granted. 

Hi @jdmagsjune,

I understand your frustration. Theft or fraudulent activity from your own household is tricky. If a family member used your own computer and either had your password or used a pre-filled password, that activity would look exactly like your own activity. It is vitally important to control access to your computer and devices and accounts with unique passwords that are not pre-filled when there are others who might have access to those devices or accounts.

I'm very sorry that you've both had these experiences. 

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

tonbonrob
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Olivia thank you for your response, not only does the product come without instructions but it doesn't actually do what it is advertised to do, surely I have grounds to appeal?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hello @tonbonrob

You do have the option to appeal a case decision within 10 days of the case being closed but there is no guarantee that the outcome would change. If you need further assistance, you can always reach out through Facebook, Twitter, or by going to the bottom of any PayPal page under "Help"  or "Contact." 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

if you have used your credit card,then go to the cc issuer and file  a chargeback.

You may not even have to return the item   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.