Dispute issues with seller and PayPal

Just_jenna323
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a mobile AC Unit from a website late on a Saturday night, and saw that it wouldn't be shipped until the next business day, but could be delayed up to 48 hours. I immediately found it unusual that not even 4 hours later in the middle of Saturday night I received an email that it had already shipped. I kept checking back for over a week and a tracking number still hadn't been updated on PayPal. I tried to email the return admin that is listed on the seller's website. Never heard from her. Tried calling the phone number, busy signal. Looked up the address they listed and it's a home address, not a commercial address. I waited a few weeks, no package and still no tracking number. I opened a dispute. Suddenly I had a tracking number and the case was immediately closed. The day the package was supposed to be delivered, I didn't see it and thought I might've had a porch pirate. I emailed the seller through PayPal, and immediately got an email back saying it's undeliverable, basically because it was a fake email. Eventually I realized something. I did receive a creepy, random, small package/ envelope of a sheet of stickers that I didn't know why I got them. I checked the tracking number on the envelope from that and realized it was the exact same tracking number listed for the AC unit. I looked it up and found a forum on Reddit where everyone was saying they got the same thing from the same return address as I did. I tried going back to the website I purchased from and couldn't find the product I ordered. So I tried Googling it and found out that the only way to access the product is through Google search. I Googled the company I purchased from and found articles saying the company is a scam, pointing out everything I've already discovered. I opened a dispute providing everything I had as evidence. They then asked me for things I had already provided, but resent. They spent several days supposedly investigating things; never asking me for anything, or updates, and it seemed that I spoke with a different person every time. Suddenly today I got an email saying everything was closed and not in my favor because I didn't provide enough evidence. I tried to escalate it but couldn't find the option anywhere. I tried opening a new dispute to basically ask them what they need because clearly they didn't ask me anything before. But on the new submission, it was immediately denied. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone. Anyone know how to fight this? It's so obvious the company was a scam but PayPal isn't giving me a fair opportunity.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.